Windows Game Contest!

is there minimal requirement for game?
for example: how many stages for a game?
minimal 3 or 1?

I replied, let me see if I can help.

no, we don’t have requirements like that.

1 Like

I believe there is a bug in the cocos version 3.5 in Proj.win8.1-universal project
that prevents .wav files to be copied to the correct path, as explained here

This causes my submitted app to crash because the .wav files are not found.
The only way I found to avoid the crash was to avoid the load of the sound files.

Could someone acknowledge that this is indeed a bug?

Thanks

I just submitted my app to the competition. Like @genix_developer, I expected a confirmation email that my competition entry has been received. Since no such email was sent, is there any way to confirm this?

If you take a look in cocos/audio/winrt/SimpleAudioEngine.cpp, several of the methods are missing a call to FileUtils::getInstance()->fullPathForFilename(pszFilePath);, which appears in the other platform’s implementations of SimpleAudioEngine

I had this problem with v2 and winrt. Since apps that use cocos2d-x v2 are required to use MSOpenTech’s branch, I submitted a pull request to have it fixed, there. It looks like something similar needs to be done for v3.

This should be easy to fix locally on your end, but this needs to be fixed in the official repository. I can send a pull request in the next couple of days.

I’ll get a spreadsheet Tuesday with who submitted apps. I’ll confirm with you then.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

That second link is for a different competition.

Oh. Did not notice=( Sorry=)

Anyone is getting Support API test erros for Windows 8.1 publish?

Windows 8.1 app publish fail

Edit: fixed it but there is a last one to fix about it: Windows Runtime metadata validation (namespace)

windows.cocos.com is the only site that I know about.

Jason,

Any update on this? Just want to get a confirmation that my app submission was successful.

I should get an updated list of submissions tomorrow. I will make sure you are on the list.

@kidproquo Yes, we have your entry.

1 Like

Hello, I have some doubts regarding this contest:

• We are a team of three people, but we are NOT a company. Can we participate as a team? And if so, do we have to send the personal data of all three in order to get the token code?
  • We are using Cocos2d-x 3.4 and the Windows Phone project targets WP 8.0 (and works in 8.1, tested in real device). Do we need to retarget the project to 8.1?

Thank you in advance!

UPDATE!!

The contest has been extended until June 30, 2015 now! This gives you more time to work on your entries!

2 Likes

No, just one person is fine.

I think WP8 is fine, but I would think that recent bug fixes in WP8.1 make it beneficial to target it.

Thank you!

Regarding targeting WP8.1, I tried it some time ago and the result was a non-compiling project full of errors which I hadn’t time to dive into. But I may give it a try again if there is some real performance benefit.

So this means we can submit new entries between 31st May to June 30?