Windows Game Contest!

Its great to hear about extension in game submission time period, but this info is still not updated on contest’s official site i.e: http://windows.cocos.com/

I know. Someone should be working on it.

Sure! Please feel free to do so. I think an e-mail should be going out about it.

Any sample show that how to add in-app purchase in universal wp8.1 ?

You might find a PR on GitHub. I think Microsoft provided something. I know they are giving me documentation in the next week, probably.

I wondered if I have any disadvantages concerning my game submission using my old microsoft dev. account instead of the new described token account:

"Send an email that contains your name, registered e-mail address and phone number to windows@cocos.com inorder to receive your free
Windows Developer account token that you will need in order to publish apps to the Windows Store and
Windows Phone Store. We will respond to you within 24 hours with
a unique token code that you can use to create your account. This token is good for a single individual account, not a business account. "

Thanks for you time,
J

Does it have to be a game? I’m building a game inspired music player built on cocos2d-x… Looks like this

No. It doesn’t matter.

Is that your player? Or are you using it as inspiration?

I think it needs to be a game. We cannot judge apples to apples if all entries are not of the same type.

However, your use of Cocos2d-x is interesting. Perhaps you would be open to discuss it in a developer interview in our newsletter?

Yup it’s mine :blush:

Sure I’d love to discuss it! I’m very interested in hearing peoples thought’s especially on the UI, as there’s not much out there like it to compare to!

That is nice to hear about extending contest until June 30, 2015. I thought we would have to cut some planned features.

Yeah the UI is quite “retro” reminds me of my mid-late 90’s days of software. I did a project in college making a visualizer in a similar UI style.

This is nice.
I have more time to do it.
Well, I am the only one responsible for my game.
I do everything.

And the website is already updated its date to June 30, 2015.

Ty very much for the delay.

The contest is great but Cocos for Windows Phone does not feel quite ready and it seems risky to bet on windows phone (maybe because it’s not developed in-house?)

I’m trying to port a game using Cocos2d-js 3.6.1. and could use some help:

1. The back button is not working as it should and the proposed solution cannot work for cocosd2-js . Updating cocos breaks the js bindings and the project does not compile. Any ideas as this is a showstopper?

2. Even on an empty project the screen stays black for many seconds between the splash screen and the main application. Is that a cocos2d-js thing or a cocos for windows phone problem?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

I don’t think Cocos2d-x 3.6 is optimized for windows phone with 512MB, my game only crash with that simulator. It works normal on iPhone 4 that has 512 MB or RAM.
Anyone else has the same problem?
Will my game get some minus points if I target only devices with 1GB of RAM ?
Also why new audio engine is not working with windows 8.1 windows and 8.1 phone (Universal app)?

Good question. I don’t have an answer. I can ask the folks in charge of the contest and get back to you once I have a reply.

I think there are some issues. Perhaps they are solved in GitHub? I don’t know, but might be worth checking. I know there are some back button fixes from Microsoft, etc. Perhaps there is more that you might benefit from.

As contest is extended. Is there plan to publish back button code update to JS version? (there is cocos2d-x but could be slightly different version compared to main branch)

1 Like

Can anyone help me out?

I do not know. Make a GitHub issue.

Hi, I have an issue with my WP8.1 build (Cocos2djs). Although I create the release package, it still shows the FPS counter etc. when trying it in the emulator. How can I remove this? I would ask this in the Windows Game Contest category but it seems that there is none?