Windows Game Contest!

WP back button will be available on next cocos release (3.6 final, i think)?

I sent you an e-mail with your token, what other e-mail are you looking for?

or pull from GitHub and you can have it now.

No.I need a email confirm after i submitted my entry

Pulling from Github is not enough since the template files are also modified and you won’t have the updated versions in your project.

This is what I did and it worked:

1. Update the cocos2d folder in the project by following this: Every New Version Relase should be downloaded?. Then do git pull and git checkout v3.
  2. Update the cocos download. I have v3.5. Inside the downloaded folder, add a remote: git remote add origin https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x.git. Then do do git pull and git checkout v3.
  3. Now create a new cpp test project. Copy all XAML, .cpp and .h files from test project’s proj.win8.1-universal\App.Shared to your project’s App.Shared folder.

Hi,

I really wanted to try and enter a game for this competition, but I’m unable to make a game of mine work in anything but a browser, I’m just getting a black screen and I’m running out of ideas to try. More details here: Black screen with FPS numbers only when running win32 app in desktop & .apk in android

If anyone has any thoughts, I’ll gladly appreciate them.

is there minimal requirement for game?
for example: how many stages for a game?
minimal 3 or 1?

I replied, let me see if I can help.

no, we don’t have requirements like that.

1 Like

I believe there is a bug in the cocos version 3.5 in Proj.win8.1-universal project
that prevents .wav files to be copied to the correct path, as explained here

This causes my submitted app to crash because the .wav files are not found.
The only way I found to avoid the crash was to avoid the load of the sound files.

Could someone acknowledge that this is indeed a bug?

Thanks

I just submitted my app to the competition. Like @genix_developer, I expected a confirmation email that my competition entry has been received. Since no such email was sent, is there any way to confirm this?

If you take a look in cocos/audio/winrt/SimpleAudioEngine.cpp, several of the methods are missing a call to FileUtils::getInstance()->fullPathForFilename(pszFilePath);, which appears in the other platform’s implementations of SimpleAudioEngine

I had this problem with v2 and winrt. Since apps that use cocos2d-x v2 are required to use MSOpenTech’s branch, I submitted a pull request to have it fixed, there. It looks like something similar needs to be done for v3.

This should be easy to fix locally on your end, but this needs to be fixed in the official repository. I can send a pull request in the next couple of days.

I’ll get a spreadsheet Tuesday with who submitted apps. I’ll confirm with you then.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

That second link is for a different competition.

Oh. Did not notice=( Sorry=)

Anyone is getting Support API test erros for Windows 8.1 publish?

Windows 8.1 app publish fail

Edit: fixed it but there is a last one to fix about it: Windows Runtime metadata validation (namespace)

windows.cocos.com is the only site that I know about.

Jason,

Any update on this? Just want to get a confirmation that my app submission was successful.

I should get an updated list of submissions tomorrow. I will make sure you are on the list.