NEW USERS READ THIS! New User Guidance

Hi :slight_smile: Will shortly post a question about cocos2d-iphone…retro I know! :slight_smile:

Howdy @ShortyK. Welcome to our forums. I’m not sure how many folks here are current on cocos2d-iphone. It hasn’t been supported for a number of years.

Hi everyone :smiley:
It’s been two years since I started working with cocos creator at Manifesto Games ( Brazil - Pernambuco - Recife).
I used to work/study Unity so it was an easy transition to Creator. I suffered a lot when we used to code with js, but things are getting better as we move to ts :joy:
We have some projects in Creator versions 1.9.3, 2.1.2, 2.1.3 ( trying now )
and doing some study with 2.3.3 ( mixing 3D and 2D ).

That it! My late Hi xD

hi new to cocos

Welcome to our new developers!

1 Like

Hello everyone! I just started to use cocos creator so I signed up for the forum! Does anyone use typescript? When I have a problem with typescript in cocos creator, I found almost nothing in the internet.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I’ll give it a shot. My question is: Why can I never get the Cocos2d Forums to come up in Safari on my iPad? This has gone on for at least a year, if not several (for as long as I can remember). It doesnt matter if I am in ‘private’ mode or standard mode in Safari - every time I try to access this forum, all that comes up is a white screen. I realize I probably wouldn’t do a whole lot of responding on an iPad (lacking a keyboard), but I do a GREAT deal of surfing and reading using nothing but an iPad, and not having access to the Cocos2d Forums on it is kind of a bummer!
Thanks,
-Mark

@mark0x01 they don’t exist anymore.

Not sure what you mean - the forums purposely add some code to make them not work in iOs Safari? Why would they go out of their way to disable a huge percentage of potential viewers? I’m not talking about adding some special forum just for iOs Safari, I just mean viewing the ‘already existing’ forums in iOs Safari, just like any other web page works in iOs Safari just because its a standard web browser like all the others.
I appreciate your responses to all of us Cocos users, you are always helpful even when the questions may not be super important to the engine itself.
-Mark

The old cocos2d forums don’t exist anymore. They were decommissioned a few years ago.

But I did add an obj-c category here at that time so folks have a specific place to ask their questions about it.

I’m not talking about some old forums, I mean these exact forums that we are in right this moment. 90% of the time they wont show up on iPad, all that comes up is a white screen. It doesnt matter if I am in Safari or Chrome on iPad. This has been going on for a while now, from all different providers, even from different states.

Oh. I see. You said cocos2d. That’s an old engine version before cocos2d-x.

I’ll try on my iPad today.

@mark0x01 interesting, I cannot reach these forums on my iPad either… I’ll look at this issue, later this week.

Heyhey, currently working on a game which is going real good. Just need one question answered but I cannot create a topic yet.

Hello! Just trying to get some help with my cocos project so i’ll be poking around the forums today. Excited to get to know the community!

Welcome to our new users!! I hope you enjoy our forums.

Hi,
I am not a bot.

Hello everyone

Welcome to our new developers!

Hi guys! Nice content!