Cocos Helper - Add Chartboost, AdMob, Google Play etc easily With Video Tutorials With Free Skype Assistance

Well, that’s the first step, but it’s about decision:

The Dark side of the Force is very powerful :wink:
The Light side of the Force needs a big marketing budget :smile:

1 Like

And I always wonder that how can games like Hill Climb Racing and I guess Geometric Dash are so famous without marketing (in the starting)

Because there is a chance they joined the Dark side. Using it, will get your game into the top download tear. Once in there, they are a self runner.
This effect even has a distinctive name, can’t remember it thow, but it’s a a scientific field of it’s own. Have to dig out the papers, but it’s about reaching a critical mass of downlosds, which triggers the effect, once the game has enough presence. Flappy birds anyone? :wink:

The methods, of course, are against the ToS, but hard to prove there wrongdoings, if played out clever. Maybe its even legal.
There are also deals with the platform holder. That deals are not talked about in public. Some platform holders are even denying such deals, but some time some ex-workers talk about them out loud.

To get the most out of ads, you have to adapt different mind tricks of the human brain. How people percept different things, what appears to be a good deal.
Prices, position of buttons, colors, the time offers/ads are presented bla bla bla, yada yada yada.
Big companies have a budget to do A/B testing and what not.

Take that new game for example. It’s going through the roof, but American’s are not interested in it:
http://www.technologytell.com/apple/150350/americans-ones-not-playing-marvel-future-fight/

Is the implementation of Mopub framework similar to AdMob framework? Or is there some subtleties?

Very similar, any reason you ask?

More ad networks coming soon.

What’s the different between SDKBOX and Sonar Cocos Helper? Are both from cocos official?

Sonar CocosHelper is better…

1 Like

You can see it this way:

SDKBOX is a first party framework, developed by Chukong.
Sonar Cocos Helper is a third party framework, developed by Sonar Systems.

The difference is:

• They have different APIs
  • They support different SDKs
  • They require different setups
  • They come with different documentation and tutorials
  • They maybe differ in code quality and stability
  • They have different implementations of the platform backends

Pleas post your arguments WHY that is in your opinion.

It took me 10 mins to integrate. Sonar offer video walk-thrus.
It supports AdMob.
I have a bigger list of stuff I can switch-on via CocosHelper than I can via SDKBOX
Free support
Also. We are an open-source project… Third parties/first parties do not matter.

1 Like

Sure, but nevertheless there are different parties involved. That does not mean the one is better or worse than the other, but any party can go a different route, have different goals or financing. They don’t have to be related at all, and that’s what matters. Those differences/matters can end in project forks and you would have to decide, which party you want to follow along.
E.g., any of them can switch to another license, and maybe some developers even emphasize on that.
People often make decisions based on the party tier, because they think they have better support or quality.

In the end @emfox just wanted to know the differences.

I’m not sure what you are saying. Maybe it is a language thing.
There is no license switching involved.
Choose CocosHelper to help your app do ad/google/apple/etc things
SDKBOX may do the same thing, but if it is so great then why not integrate into cocosd-x?

Thanks for all your clarifications. I’d try both to find out which suits my project better. But since sonar helper doesn’t support cocos2d-js yet (please comfirm), and my project is on cocos2d-js, so now I can just test SDKBOX first.

What I was saying is, that at this time cocos2d-x, SDKBOX and Sonar Cocos Helper are both under the MIT license.
Let’s say Sonar Cocos Helper switches to a zlib, GPL or a proprietary license, which they can do, there is a big difference in the first party framework and the third party framework. At that point, first and third parties matter.

That, you have to ask @slackmoehrle. Maybe it is to much in flow right now.

You are correct about that, but it’s on the ToDo list.

Any schedule or timetable for cocos2d-js support? I may try to use it before my project deadline…

Not that I know of. It’s just in progress.

From their github page:

Port to Cocos2d-JS (in progress)

I hear that this doesn’t apply to js. Not my problem.
Lets say that Chipmunk, Box2D, RapidJson and all the other libs change…?
At that point 1st and 3rd do not matter.

What are you referring to? The SDKBOX flow?

When the libs change per se, first and third party do not matter, but as soon as one of the party decides to tightly integrate it into their own product.
Regarding Chipmunk, there is already a first party solution and a third party solution.
The first party(Chukong) integrated Chipmunk support directly into the engine, making it even a default.
The third party(Howling Moon Software) just provides the Phyiscs Engine.

In this case it matters, whether you choose the first party or the third party solution. Different API, integration, support and other things.

Yes, ask me, sure, why not :slight_smile:

So, for right now, SDKBOX is a new initiative. While we flush things out, add more plugins, etc it is best to keep it out of Cocos2d-x until we are confident in the feature set. The last thing we would want to do is break something.

We support c++, JS and Lua right now. V2.2.6 and v3.x+ and all the plugins that we offers as part of SDKBOX…

Is Cocos Helper better? I am not sure. I haven’t tried it. I probably should at some point.

My feeling with this type of FUD that @IslandPlaya is distributing is that we shouldn’t continue to do this. If @IslandPlaya feels that Cocos Helper is better he is free to state that. It becomes FUD when you do so without supplying more than just “x is better than y”. It parts us as a community and this is never good. I think that @SonarSystems providing Cocos Helper is a good thing. It promotes the community striving for the best it can be with its offerings. However, these threads are becoming more about dividing than promoting and I am not going to stand for that. I will make an announcement about this, but in the future, hijacking a thread to spread FUD will not be tolerated.