Cocos Creator android package name doesn't change

Hi,

I am building and compiling my project for android. In the building menu it has to option to choose a package name so I have put “org.myname.gamename”. I need go to publish my app on the google play store. When I upload the .apk file it gives an error saying:

“You need to use a different package name because “org.cocos2d.helloworld” already exists in Google Play.”

Why does it do this when I have changed my package name to something else. Is there something else I have to change to alter the package name? What should I do?

I’m having same issue. Any solutions?

Did you set your ‘Keystore’ in the build menu, besides changing the package name?

Did you check AndroidStudio in the build options? If so, in your project folder could you also check the \build\jsb-link\frameworks\runtime-src\proj.android-studio\app\AndroidManifest.xml and the \build\jsb-link\frameworks\runtime-src\proj.android-studio\app\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml and verify the line package=

Probably that will be the cause of the error, but just to be sure, I would delete the /build folder of your project and then build again from the zero.

I’m using debug keystore and my problem was package name only, I’m not uploading to google play yet.
I’ve found a workaround solution please check that topic: Android build ignore Package Name

I solved this. You build your game and then open the folder it creates. Go to:

Frameworks/runtimes-src/proj.android-studio/app/build.gradle

Open it in notepad or similar.

Change the line applicationId “org.cocos2d.helloworld” to whatever you want your package name to be.

Hope that helps :smiley: