Android build ignore Package Name

Hi,

I’ve been making build for 2 different projects and I realised that the builder ignored the package name. So I cannot have both projects installed on my android device, because they share the same package name (its using the default org.cocos2d.helloworld, even if I specified otherwise)

I’m using Cocos Creator 1.5.1
checked Use Debug Keystore
checked Debug

I do a BUILD, COMPILE and then I use adb to install directly on my device (which is the fastest way I found so far to test builds)

the APK I install is the one in the folder: build\jsb-default\simulator\android

is this a bug?

Hi @jejeman,

I can confirm your description of this strange behaviour, and I did not find any solution. It is really annoying…

Best regards,
Zsolt

I’m also having same problem. It ignores package name and uses “org.cocos2d.helloworld”.
How to fix this?

i dont use cocos creator but if the creator uses a *.gradle file you could edit these with a simple text editor and replace the cocos default key.

1 Like

I’ve checked *.gradle files, package name is correct there. Somehow manifest file is misconfigured during build propcess.

I’ve tried “link” template in the build settings. It works as expected and package name is correct with this way.

I don’t know what does link template or does it impact performance but it works now.

notepad++ can search all files in a directory and replace all uses of the sequence, just replace them all. org.cocos2d.helloworld is never used but as the default store key. (make a backup)

1 Like

Yes, I’ve replaced and it works well.