Who Wants Cocos2d-x 3D Tutorial Series?

Simply put it’s coming.

7 Likes

Temple Run kind of game tutorial will be really helpful.

1 Like

I do, I do! Tomorrow, please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too!

Cocos2d-x has a wide range of examples of games produced in 2D; it’s proven itself as an industry leader in this area repeatedly, but there are very few examples of 3D content driven games. Along side tutorials covering cocos2d-x’s features, I’d be interested in seeing breakdowns of 3D games, the technology that made them standout and the pros/cons of using Cocos2d-x for 3D work. And perhaps even interviews with (or blogs by) developers who have shipped 3D games with Cocos2d-x, to get some feedback and perspective on the toolset. I think this would be useful for developers of both applications and the engine itself.

1 Like

We will do the basics first but something like that is a great idea.

LOL

Funny you should say tomorrow as I plan on recording the first 3D video tomorrow most likely covering the camera system.

We totally agree, the interviews sound like an amazing idea that could really provide some insight for developers.

If you want any feedback, hit me up.

1 Like

No.

I only hit left and right, occasionally down but never up LOL.

Cheers Jason, will surely do that.

1 Like

I am waiting… :smile:

Just figuring out to make models to screen and camera, put me in a blackhole. ha ha… :smile:
I would love some video tutorials.

Atleast, some documents will be great to start with.
Looking forward.

Best,
Pabitra

Yes please!

1 Like

We created this collection of Cocos2d-x resources and all the resources 2D/3D will be linked on this https://cocos2d-x.zeef.com/admin.system#

Best thing to check for updates, you can also submit resources yourself you have created or come across online to help the community in one easy to use place.

excited to start with 3D …

any news about 3D tutorials?

Had a few issues whilst planning the tutorials, need to resolve those issues first. Another cool series coming in the mean time.

Are you talking about the 3D series or something else? Hint to us.

Something else, I will gladly tell you what it is.

We are making a tutorial series on how to make a game from scratch with professional artwork provided by us to reuse freely. We will integrate extra features such as achievements etc. The game will be Tic-Tac-Toe.

It sounds very interesting.

Could you tell us which services you’ll use in the game? GPGS? PlayFab? FB? Twitter? …
I apologize if I’m asking too many questions.

P.S. Your lessons of sufficient quality, and at one time it helped me a lot. But because my English is not good, I do not quite understand at the hearing. Sometimes I use the automatically generated subtitles on YouTube, but they are not always generated correctly.
Could you think of ways to add subtitles to your video?

Firstly don’t apologise for asking questions, I would do the same :smiley:

It’s less about which services more importantly it’s about seeing a game created from scratch which is easily undateable, we will use Cocos Helper so you can easily change the services. But the planned services are GameCenter, GPGS, AdMob.

Regarding subtitles, when you say automatically generated do you mean in English or the auto translated ones?

@SonarSystems
can you make a tutorial focusing on game system design?
everybody would love it :wink:
thanks!