SDKBOX 2.2.2 Released

Can you try this https://github.com/sdkbox/sdkbox-sample-sdkboxplay/blob/master/js/frameworks/runtime-src/Classes/PluginSdkboxPlayJS.cpp

just looked at SdkBoxPlay v2.2 and looks like there is not function for identify player, any plans to implement that?

we add a new function in 2.2.2 getPlayerId which you can use to get the player id

Just looked through the documentation for this released, it seems like there is still no functionality to show all leaderboards list? Need that functionality since we have multiple leaderboards in our game :frowning:

Sorry maybe our documentation is not clear enough, if you call showLeaderboard() without any parameters, it will show all the leaderboards by default

If I showLeaderboard() on Game Center it says "sdkboxplay :Requesting leaderboard for unregistered name: " :frowning:

In addition there is another issue for when I log into Game Center on ios device the welcome message on my app is written in Arabic language instead of desired English. Thank you for taking time to help :slight_smile:

All leader boards works on Android by calling showLeaderboard("");
In .h file there is information “Android only”.

Yes but how to get all leaderboards on game center? It shows an error if you use the same method call.

wow, i want to use this version asap :slight_smile:

Why my SDKBOX still showing 1.0.0.13 ??? is it already the latest??

How does the AdMob automatic caching work? The documentation and the API reveal nothing.

We would probably like to keep it the way it was before (on-demand caching), to avoid unnecessary bandwidth usage. Can it be done in 2.2.2?

So, is the automatic caching enabled by default? Can it be turned off?

@kencoder
when team write like SdkBox 2.2.2 Released they exactly mean Plugins with version x.y.z Released

Btw, I found it in the SDKBOX.h !! Thanks for reply

Regarding SDKBOX

Admob will automatically cache ads.

It is wrong choice, user should handle itself preloading ads as he knows better when best time to preload ads(hope this is optional) What about smart banner support?

looks like PluginSdkboxPlay has missed headers for iOS, empty folder PluginSdkboxPlay.framework/Headers

1 Like

play plugin has wrong documentation, there is documented getUserId, but there is only getPlayerId

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, we updated the API reference.

A few things about the thread:

• the getUserId method in the documentation is wrong. It must say getPlayerId. The API reference shows that though.
  • About ‘show all leaderboards’. iOS, has a view where all leaderboards show up, regardless the name you suggest. This is not the case for Android, which requires either empty string, no parameter or “__ALL__” to show an activity with all leaderboards.
  • On ios you must have submitted any score to a leaderboard before being able to select it from the displayed UI.
  • Apart from getPlayerId, we have added another method: getPlayerAccountField which can offer extra logged-in user account info. For both, ios and android, you could query the following fields: display_name, name and player_id. for Android only, some extra fields could be queried: title, icon_image_uri, hires_image_uri, last_play_timestamp and retrieved_timestamp.
  • About ios framework w/o header files, we are looking into it. We got no error on the automatic build process.
  • About the arabic thing. No idea. On ios, you must set a language for each leaderboard. In our example, we get english content. Could you double check and let us know if you don’t get the right language ?

thanks for all the valuable feedback.

Thanks for pointing out the error in documentation, we have corrected it:
http://docs.sdkbox.com/en/plugins/sdkboxplay/v3-cpp/

As for missing headers for iOS, I just checked and our standard sample did not have this issue; it might be due to 1) manual integration 2) outdated sample/plug-in version. Please download our standard sample to get the missing file

Thanks, Ryan