Cocos2d-JS v3.3 RC0 released!

Hi, our dear developers

After v3.0, Cocos2d-JS have been more and more stable and reliable. From v3.0, we are also shortening our release cycle, so that we can deliver quickly our new features and fixes to you.

Now in v3.3 RC0, we have brought the new Cocos Studio parser, a very cool develop tool and many bug fixes, hope you will like it.

Highlights

• Supported Cocos Studio 2.x with its JSON format export, the web engine and native engine share exactly the same parser, so that its result’s consistency will be guaranteed for all platforms.
  • Upgraded UI system with the new flow layout system and added full featured test cases.
  • Provided Cocos Dev Tool beta version. It’s a web based playground for manipulating all coocs nodes in runtime. It will greatly improve your developement and debug experience.

Notice

For JSB build, there are some restrictions :

• [Android build] Suggested NDK version is r10c, if you don’t need Android 5.0 compatibility, you can also use r9d, other NDKs are not supported.
  • [iOS build] Xcode version must be 5.1.1 +
  • [Web code obfuscation] JRE or JDK version must be 1.6 or 1.7

Download

More information

Read more about all the features and bug fixes

Upgrade your project from previous versions

If you want to upgrade your game based on v3.0 previous version to the v3.3, you should follow these steps:

1. Download the Cocos2d-JS v3.3 RC0 package.
  2. Upgrade cocos command with setup.py.
  3. Create a new project with cocos new command.
  4. Replace the “src”, “res”, “index.html”, “project.json”, “main.js” etc with your old project.
  5. Then you may need to refer to the upgrade guide to solve some API change issues.

About Cocos2d family

• Cocos2d-JS v3.3 RC0 uses Cocos2d-x v3.4 as base of JSB solution
  • Cocos2d-JS v3.3 RC0 is compatible with Cocos Code IDE v1.1.0
  • Cocos2d-JS v3.3 RC0 is compatible with Cocos Studio v1.2 - v1.6 and Cocos Studio 2.1+. Cocos Studio 2.x support need JSON export file, and Cocos2d-JS won’t support flatbuffer files.

With any problems you might have, our communities are happy to help:

1 Like

Tip 1: Cocos Studio 2.x with JSON export feature version will be released this week, so please be more patient.

1 Like

Tip 2: Cocos Dev Tool

Sorry that we only have a Chinese web site for the tool, the English version will be published soon.
But don’t panic, here is a how to use :

You just need to :

1. Drag the blue button and drop it on the bookmarks bar.
  2. Open a web page with cocos2d-js game.
  3. Click the Cocos Dev Tool bookmark that you just added.

Then you will see it working.

It’s still in beta version, please give us you feed backs and tell us whether you like it. Hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

First of all, Congrats to the new release of Cocos2d-JS! A great cross platform engine.

I tried the new tool - Cocos Dev Tool, follow the step by adding to bookmark.

I opened this moon warriors page and click on the bookmark on google chrome Version 40.0.2214.91 (64-bit)
but nothing happen? The bookmark is a javascript function. Is there any rule to use the Cocos Dev Tool?

http://www.cocos2d-x.org/MoonWarriors/index.html

The experience page as suggested is too slow to be open.
http://h5.cocoachina.com/static/js-moonwarriors/

Is there any milestone to fix cc.loader.loadImg problem on blocking main thread and loading the same online url will crashed. I have to use this feature on my project.

https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-js/issues/1217

1. var renderer = new cc.RenderTexture(width, height);

renderer.beginWithClear(r, g, b, a, depthValue, stencilValue);

renderer.beginWithClear(255, 255, 255, 255); <— crashed on 3.3 beta but not 3.2
renderer.beginWithClear(255, 255, 255, 255, 0 , 0); <- no problem

The depthValue and stencilValue stated to be optional value in doc.

Thanks!
Zinitter

Excellent !

@Zinitter

There is no much rules for Cocos Dev Tool, except that it can only run with network access.
It do have a bug, do not click multiple times the bookmark button. After the Cocos2d-JS game is loaded, click only once the bookmark. It should be running correctly.

As for the downloader issue, we will setup a milestone for it after the v3.3 release. Sorry for keeping you waiting

1 Like

Here is the English web site of Cocos Dev Tool

http://h5.cocos.com/static/cocos-devtools/index-en.html

I am not sure if this is really relevant, but with firefox, I cannot hear any sounds from the example in the dev tools page even if I turn the sounds on. On chrome it plays sounds and music.

What’s the name of the cocostudio 2.x json parser class/module?

Nice work guys! I was really looking forward to see the new json parser.

Guys, now the v3.3 RC0 is released !
Thanks to the beta users, we fixed a bunch of bugs for the new JSON parser. Now it should be much more stable.
And the cocos 2.1 is now ready for download, it contains Cocos Studio 2.1 and supports JSON format export.

http://cocos2d-x.org/download

How do i export my project in Cocos Studio? My project cfg file still have DefaultSerializer="Serializer_FlatBuffers" even with a new project. Do i need to change this manualy?

In Cocos Studio, you should be able to find Project preference in Edit menu, then change the export format to JSON

Ty i got it.

Excellent work!

Today I tried this release and I’m having some issues with importing a scene from cocos studio 2.1. Please take a look at getClass function in jsp studio_load.js it is trying to read from “classname” property which is not in my json file. I looked into samples but all jsons there are in version 1.2.0.0 and files with this version have that property. Do you have any code sample which is reading json from cocos studio 2.1?

Thanks!

Guys today i started porting my current project to the 3.3 to use the new json parser and i am found that scenes, nodes or layers cannot load images in parent folders only in children.

For instance, a scene in res\LevelSelect\Scene_PraticeSelect.json can not load images at res\Images_Interface\Buttons\ only if the scene is placed at res\Scene_PraticeSelect.json the images can be loaded.

I am also get a strange error when loading a Cocos Studio .plist (texture package) file but i need to check if its realy a bug.

Do you mean exporting? because my exported json do not have “classname” as well but i can load all files no problem except the bug that i just said. @jfs can you post the code that you are using?

[EDIT]
The plist works fine, it was a bug derived from the file estructure.

I changed my project file structure, luckly my project only have a dozen of scenes. When runing the new runtime toolbar eats part of my screen the easy fix is add 20 pixels in the config.json but is not very fun to do, all options of this toobar also do not work.

(Sorry for the big post, i am very excited with this new release :smile: .)