Chinese New Year's Wishes from Cocos2d-JS v3.3!

Hi, all

First of all, as the Chinese New Year is coming, we want to wish all our developers a happy new year ! This year will be the year of goat, mieeeee~

With all our wishes, Cocos2d-JS v3.3 final is released !

After v3.0, Cocos2d-JS have been more and more stable and reliable. Maybe you have noticed, from v3.0 we are also shortening our release cycle, so that we can deliver quickly our new features and fixes to you. The releases of intermediate versions are limited to our community, we will only publish the stable versions in our official site, so if you want to keep track of our works, please watch our forum: http://discuss.cocos2d-x.org/c/cocos2d-x/javascript

Cocos2d-JS have benefitted much from our rich toolchain, in v3.3 we focused to enhance our toolchain support. We have brought the new Cocos v2.1 (Cocos Studio) parser, the latest Spine editor support and Cocos DevTool - a very cool in-browser developing tool. We also fixed a bunch of bugs to push the stability into a higher level, hope you will like this version !

Here is the current toolchain (partial) of Cocos2d-JS

Highlights

• Supported Cocos Studio 2.x with its JSON format export, the web engine and native engine share exactly the same parser, so that its result’s consistency will be guaranteed for all platforms.
  • Supported latest versioin of Spine animation editor.
  • Upgraded UI system with the new flow layout system and added full featured test cases.
  • Provided Cocos Dev Tool. It’s a web based playground for manipulating all coocs nodes in runtime. It will greatly improve your developement and debug experience.

Notice

For JSB build, there are some restrictions :

• [Android build] Suggested NDK version is r10c, if you don’t need Android 5.0 compatibility, you can also use r9d, other NDKs are not supported.
  • [iOS build] Xcode version must be 5.1.1 +
  • [Web code obfuscation] JRE or JDK version must be 1.6+

Download

The roadmap

We are very glad to share some plans for the future versions of Cocos2d-JS:

• Upgrade SpiderMonkey to v33, this will improve native engine performance and stability.
  • Support Windows Phone 8 for the native engine.
  • Add 3D module bindings for the native engine.
  • Add Box2d engine with a emscripten version in both web and native engine.
  • Upgrade Spine runtime’s API.
  • Improve Web engine UI system performance.

More information

Read more about all the features and bug fixes

Upgrade your project from previous versions

If you want to upgrade your game based on v3.0 previous version to the v3.3, you should follow these steps:

1. Download the Cocos2d-JS v3.3 package.
  2. Upgrade cocos command with setup.py.
  3. Create a new project with cocos new command.
  4. Replace the “src”, “res”, “index.html”, “project.json”, “main.js” etc with your old project.
  5. Then you may need to refer to the upgrade guide to solve some API change issues.

About Cocos2d family

• Cocos2d-JS v3.3 uses Cocos2d-x v3.4 as base of JSB solution
  • Cocos2d-JS v3.3 is compatible with Cocos Code IDE v1.1.0
  • Cocos2d-JS v3.3 is compatible with Cocos Studio v1.2 - v1.6 and Cocos Studio 2.1+. Cocos Studio 2.x support need JSON export file, and Cocos2d-JS won’t support flatbuffer files.

With any problems you might have, our communities are happy to help:

3 Likes

Happy Chinese New Year! Cocos2d-js is really moving along. Each version truly gets better than the last.

Happy chinese new year!! Congratulations on the new release!

Happy Chinese New Year! Here i get the links for each tool in current toolchain, what is this Flax editor?

Flax only have a Chinese version for now, it’s a convertor to convert your designs in Flash to a readable format in Cocos2d-JS, then the renderer of Flax will show exactly the same thing you have done in Flash.

http://flax.longames.com

@pandamicro Flax sounds cool. I hope they put out an English version because I am sure it would be very well received. Great competition for Sparrow and Starling.

I take a look using google translate (far from be a good translation but you can get the idea) and i get one of the samples working and really looks promising.

I think if they don’t release a english version in the near future i gonna learn a little bit of chinese :smile: .

1 Like

Hi,guys,thanks for your intresting in Flax!In fact,Flax and the plugin has english version,but no english docs or tutorials,we will work on that soonly!Anything about Flax can contact with me:longames@qq.com

2 Likes

Flax editor sounds cool yeah !
Good job.

Excited to hear about -x’s 3D being hooked in eventually :smile:

Happy Chinese New Year!! Thank you so much for Cocos2d-js.
I am new learner of Cocos2d-js. It is so interesting.
I hope that you will create simple free projects more.
I wish you successful in your work.

Hi EI_Jorge, these days i’ve finished a full version of Flax examples, check it here:
http://flax.so/?page_id=342
The code has English and Chinese note both, I hope it will help you some!
The github of the example: https://github.com/longyangxi/Flax-js-examples

2 Likes

Cool i will take a look.

That looks awesome! Perfect for flash animators.

Happy Chinese New Year!!
Waiting for SocketIO 1.x jsb binding :slight_smile: