Basic question about Cocos2d-JS game development.However unsure about the development and compatibility!

@Walzer @mannewalis @Pandamicro @SonarSystems @Slackmoehrle @Pabitrapadhy
Just wandering whether I should go for Cocos2d-JS or any other game engine to build a realtime multiplayer game (Card Game). I am planning to lunch the game on Facebook Canvas(Web Browser game),Android OS,iOS,Windows Phone.

If YES, what are the resources available for developing FACEBOOK CANVAS GAME using Cocos2d-JS .

For Reference Point Can I Have some Game Links that are developed using Cocos2d-JS and available on FaceBook(Canvas Game on web browser) as well as Android OS and iOS.

Please checkout my comments in this “Top 10 Cocos2d-x games ever made” for Facebook Canvas Game.

Your suggestions are very important to me and my team. I hope cocos2dx team and the developer community will definitely guide me on this topic.

Thank You !!

2 Likes

This is a great question.

Firstly check out these links:

Cocos2d-JS will serve you well when developing for Facebook.

I don’t know of any resources/tutorials for Cocos2d-x Facebook development sorry, perhaps this is our cue

@SonarSystems

Thank you for the reply !! 1st and 2nd link are not updated for a long time I guess and also not sure how much relevant to the present day context as Facebook sdk and cocos2d-js sdk are updated in very short span of time.

Resources definitely are lacking for this topic.

@Walzer @mannewalis @Pandamicro @Slackmoehrle @Pabitrapadhy

Can I expect Inputs from cocos Team member for this silly question? Specially those who are working on Cocos2d-JS .

@sanjaya For the future, if you want to tag me in posts, fine, however, Please don’t tag @pandamicro or @walzer. They are very busy and if needs be I can loop others into the thread.

@sanjaya What else do you need answered? @SonarSystems gave you some feedback. There are resources here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/mobile/cocos2d-x