V4 would be a good time to move things forward?

@digimikeh if you want to run on metal, then you should move to v4. If not, then both versions are ok.
@abrajam we will do another testing this week, if it doesn’t have critical issues, then we may release it next week.

2 Likes

Can i know the progress of it? We want to release v4 ASAP. And i can do it if you are busy.

I have stopped working on the namespace change as there is too much lua interaction that I know nothing about.

Yep, it is complex. If you don’t mind, then i can work on it or continue on your work.

You’ll have to take over I’m afraid as I have no time at the moment. I just looked at my cocos2d-x fork and I haven’t push the commit I was working on and am not at home at the moment. I can push that tonight if that’s helpful?

Ok, no problem. I can take over it.

This is as far as I got with the work…

1 Like

No problem, i sent https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/pull/20229 for it. Audio, WebView and Video finish.

I really need win64 version cocos. Will it be formally supported in v4? Or is there any instruction about how to compile by myself?

We can ask @zhangxm to verify, but I don’t believe this is part of the upgrades of v4.

What did you mean win64? Does it mean x64 for Android or Windows 64bit?

Windows 64bit.

@zhangxm
I think that it would be nice to compile all deps for all platforms from source code.

Now with CMake it should be easiest.

We started doing that here:

I think that not much work left …
Can we back to this idea?

4 Likes

@CrazyHappyGame it is a good idea. I think it is a better that you create an issue and describe the work left, then we can track it.

@Xrysnow i think @CrazyHappyGame’s suggestion is good. You can use it to create needed libs.

I am not sure if it is good recommendation …
It is work in progress. So far no one try to use those libs with cocos2d-x .

Yep, but it is a possible solution. Currently, windows libs are built manually by downloading source codes and compile it with VS. Though it is in progress, we can improve it, and we can replace the cocos2d-x 3rd libs after it is ready.

It took me two days to compile win64 libs. Some of them are not easy to compile and some projects have to be modified manually. After that, you have to modify all CMakeLists.txt in external folder. I really hope this work can be done by cocos because it’s not a good experience for the user.

Can you publish your results? Many could benefit from it, if you don’t mind.

+1. Could you create pull request?