Spine Animations broken after Chrome update on Androids

Hello, am I the only one who is experiencing broken Spines after Chrome update on mobile?
Looks like they just stop rendering and causing glitches

The issue happens on:
Cocos 3.X + Chrome v120.0.6099.144 + Android 12,13

Doesn’t happen on:
Cocos 2.X
Any PC
Any iOS
Android 11
Android 14
Any previous chrome versions
Chrome v120.0.6099.030
Chrome v120.0.6099.200
Chrome Canary 122

Any suggestions?

It is an issue of Chrome. I have forwarded it to google guys, and it is fixed in new Chrome version.

I also assumed it is a Chrome build issue, when they enabled WebGL2, but the integration was not perfect
Now we need to wait when they will push the new version :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Any estimation when the new version with the fix will roll out? Do you know which one is it?
Since version 120.0.6099.144 there were 120.0.6099.145 and 120.0.6099.154
and yet the bug persists.

It is fixed in Chrome Canary 122.0.6195.2. Refer to this issue for more detail information:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chrome.canary

I was more interested when the end user will get the update, I see that on 122.0.6099.193 and Android it’s no longer happens, and this version (and up) already pushed by Google to many devices
I was interested because our company had to put some Cocos3 games down not to badly effect player experience
Soon we will re-reveal the games once we know most of the users are up to date with their Chrome versions

You can disable webgl2 to avoid the issue too.

1 Like

The issue has something to do with how chromium/chrome handles/was handling Uniform Buffer Objects. Obviously, it’s resolved now… but should this happen again, you can either disable webgl 2.0 until the issue is fixed (just remember that any scrolling textures that rely on “repeat” wrap mode must be power of 2 in webgl 1.0) OR you can try disabling uniform buffers in engine if you’re not using any custom shaders… but I really wouldn’t recommend this for a number of different reasons. Unfortunately, sometimes web browser developers release borked updates… I think it’s always a good idea to have a fall back plan (webgl 1.0 build set up that you can revert to in order to maintain some functionality while the devs fix their browser)