Problem with autocomplete in editbox

Hello,
I am using Cocos Creator v2.4.10. I have removed the references to text label and placeholder label and increased the edit box size. However, when I hover over the suggestion, the displayed text is too small, and I couldn’t change the font size of the text. As a workaround, I had to disable suggestions altogether using document.getElementsByClassName("cocosEditBox")[0]["autocomplete"] = "off"; . Is there any other way to fix this issue?

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 7.09.24 PM

Is this a bug?

How can I reproduce this problem? Which platform (browser?) and steps to reproduce?

EditBox.zip (880.4 KB)
This is the file. enter a text and click on next button now reload the game and try entering the same text you will get suggestion hover your mouse over it, you will face this issue.

Any update?

Yes. I got that. But when you click the suggestion, you got the right size text, right? Is any problem with you?

We will no longer deal with this minor issue on version 2.x, if this issue affects you, it is recommended to use version 3.x. Everything will be okay :slight_smile:

Hey,
I checked doing the same in version 3.8.0. It gives the same issue.
Can you please look into it?
You can check this project for reference.
NewProject.zip (6.4 MB)

Since the implementation use web control to input, and then render the input content into the input area, so we have no way to customize the control of the web itself. We can only customize rendering of the output completed content. So The way you use it will cause inconsistent style on the web.

Thanks for replying.
How can I fix this?

Hello @mmyduckx,
How can I make a consistent style on web. I tried every method to make it proper but it doesn’t work the way it’s need even in v3. Only workaround was scaling but it would be a problem if I’m adding assets. So could you please guide me a little over here?
Thank you