PC minimum requirements?

I’ve recently converted my football game to run in Windows, and I’m very pleased. I can toggle between windowed and full screen, I support the physical keyboard, etc, and now I want to submit my game to Steam’s Greenlighting. However, it looks like I’ll need to fill in “minimum requirements.”

Does cocos2d-x 3.9 inherently have minimum requirements? My game runs fine on Android 4.2 and iOS 6, as reference, if that matters.

If anyone has any guidance on how to determine the minimum PC requirements, I’d appreciate it.

thanks,
Dogwalker

Interesting question. I have been a part of this community for over 2 years and I don’t recall ever reading about PC requirements. We are more tied to OS and build tools. See this

If anyone else knows better, please chime in.

You have to profile your game. How much memory does it take up, CPU/GPU load and so on.
VS 2015 starts the integrated profiler, while running the game: various loads, memory usage and so on.

There are a lot of profiling tools out there, you can use. Additionally you can test your game in different VM settings and on different real machines.

Sure it has, but it would be minimal, I would say. Just run an empty project and profile it.
It totally depends on your Windows version (as it has requirements on it’s own) and of course your game.

Completely down to your game. If you’re rendering 10,000 sprites every frame your minimum requirements will be higher than a game that renders 10.

Minimum requirements are simply the machine specs that provide the absolute worst performance that you would deem acceptable to play the game. This might be lower for puzzle games than it is for action games. It’s really up to you.

As for discerning requirements… If you don’t have a lot of hardware about try your game on, compare your game with others of similar complexity. Alternatively an open beta can be good to allow a wide mix of hardware to be tested, although you will want to integrate some form of automated analytics I expect.

Steam requirements:
OS - operating system, cocos2d-x requires Windows 7 or greater
Processor - based on performance testing
Memory - based on performance testing
Graphics - based on performance testing (must be OpenGL 2.1 compliant)
Storage - based on uncompressed/installed package size

Hope this helps

Thanks, everyone, very helpful info! I’ll profile it and see what comes up. I know it’s not all then intensive. A friend of mine who has been in the business much, much longer than I have told me that my requirements won’t be high at all.

I have to finish creating a video just so I can submit it to the Green light process, then I’ll work on profiling it.

Thanks again!