NEW USERS READ THIS! New User Guidance

NEW USERS READ THIS! New User Guidance

So I think

1. Cocos new and create a new project.

2. Reimport your source and assets.

3. Flush out any issues. It will be interesting because 2.x to 3.x is a major change. Touch events are different. Classes different. Event dispatch different etc.

New project works fine.
It is the sample CppTests that crashes on the device.
Also I didn’t find an XCode project for this sample to try it for iOS (there is proj.ios folder but no .xcodeproj file);

For cpp tests? It is in build/

Or maybe there is a way to compile the cocos2d-x-2.2.6 project using Android Studio and Gradle?

I’ve never tried actually.

Hi.
I’m using Cocos for an college activity and I’ll hope learn more about it

Awesome. Let us know how we can help.

Hi!
I’m new to this forum, glad to join.

Hi , I want to post …

Hi :blush:
I’m new here, glad to be a part!

Hi, i am brazilian, i need to post somethings

Just a simple kind of “guess the movie title given the actor name” type of 2D game. I am learning C++ as I go along. I am a long term C developer and now absolutely love C++. It just seems like a natural progression for me.

I am just interested in completing a Windows version first and see if it is good enough to port to other systems later.

:slight_smile:

If you use cocos2d-x (C++) then your game is already cross platform and many platforms are supported: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, Tizen.
If you use cocos2d-js (JavaScript) then the same platforms are supported plus Web.

Hi, I’m cocos creator user :slight_smile:

Hi! I am cocos2dx user!

Hi, i am new.

Hi :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hello all new users!
I understand you happy start coding with cocos2d but it’s not necessary for everyone say hi here :wink:

Actually…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, welcome then :smile: