NEW USERS READ THIS! New User Guidance

NEW USERS READ THIS! New User Guidance

After posting this and reading some things, I seem to have earned an automated basic trust level and can top post now, I guess? That’s nice. I’m sure it helps with spam to some extent, but this really needs to be made super obvious when you sign up somewhere or something. It was very off-putting. I’m not trying to be negative - I’m trying to provide constructive feedback. :slight_smile:

Also, in the spirit of constructive feedback: This site may be missing a valid SSL certificate or something like that. It seems to be using SSL, but Safari on Mac is not showing the lock icon to indicate it’s secure and when I enter my username/password on the login form, there’s a red “NOT SECURE” warning label in the address bar.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you receive a welcome email when you signed up?

As far as the ssl cert have one in place. Can you show me what you see?

Here’s what I see:

Note the red text in the address bar, no lock icon, etc.

(edit: And yes, I did get the activation email and clicked it to activate before I went looking for the New Topic button)

I see. The login piece is showing not secure. Thanks.

Did your welcome email state that new users can’t post topics right away? Can you forward it to me? Slackmoehrle@cocos2d-x.org

I have changed this around a few times to try and make it more clear to folks signing up.

Forwarded! Note that the only email I got (that I saw, anyway) was the “activate” email, so I don’t know if that’s what you mean by a welcome message or not. Maybe something is missing.

Thanks. I’ll look into how we can do better here. There are several options Discourse has to welcome new users.

Hi . I am new here, reading all this and I hope will learn something form this forum.

hi
how do i change the basic language of my account at account_cocos_com to English…

There is a new version of that site being deployed soon.

hi!!! I want to ask questions…

Hi Hi
Hi Hi hello hi hi hi hello

Hi hi hi hi hello how are you hello hi

Howdy. Thanks for joining our community.

Hi, I am new to Cocos2d-x and I love to code in C/C++.

I’m hoping to code a simple game.

Wish me luck!

Hi :metal:
What game do you want to make?
Good luck :blush:

Yeah tell us what you want to create. It is always nice to know what others are working on in case we run across any interesting resources.

Hi guys! New to cocos2d-x community. Hope this will be a great journey :wink:

Hi,
I’m trying to migrate my Android game from cocos2d-x-2.2.6 with Eclipse to cocos2d-x-3.17 with Android Studio.
I try to run the sample program CppTests on my Samsung Galaxy Tab X with Android 5 (Lolippop) and it crashes while loading.
I’ll search a little bit in the forum, and if I will not find something about it I’ll post a question.
Daniel