Need Your Opinions For A 16 Years Old's Upcoming Game (ME xD)

Well, what do you think? I’m working alone by the way!
P.S : The game run at stable 30fps on every device/phone I have try it on… and yeah the game looks lot better in reality than the video…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVxuD84yPVU

it seems very nice, really fast.

Just add some acceleration/deceleration/smoothness on main sprite movement.

Wonderful effects, what have you used for sparkling?

“what have you used for sparkling?”
A custom particle system… I will make sure to share it on this forum…

Awesome work man!!!

Positive

• Love the particle effects and the respawn pulse, are you doing the glow as a post process or is it baked into your sprites?
  • Killing stuff looks really satisfying and the quick/polished respawn keeps the fast pace feel going

Negative

• Controls seem to snap at 45 degree angles, I can see this being very frustrating trying to dodge when things get more hectic, you want the player to always feel it’s their fault they died not the game’s.
  • Particles in the menu are too over powering, it’s hard to read the text
1 Like

I’m using a post processing mecanism for the glow effect, the game core is nearly finished, but the gameplay as you can see is currently in a early stage, so stuff like player control will be improved in the near future…
Thanks for reviewing my work! the game will be released in 2 months at max…

Well done, the spawning effect looks great.

Very good effects. They reminded me the Arcade Asteroids, but to make the sparkling effects at that time you needed a very expensive Vector Monitor.

In fact, the sparkling effects are added to the scene by a one simple memcpy call!

Most impressed by the background visual effects, nice job!

1 Like