LUA + Window Phone 8

Hello everybody. At the moment Windows Phone 8 is listed as a supported platform for Lua, but after creating Lua template project, I cannot see any Windows Phone stuff, only win32 runtime files.

I tried creating an empty C++ project and manually adding all corresponding Lua files to it, but seem’s like I’m stuck with proper macros and includes (VS gives me huge amounts of pain after XCode and Cmake)

Are there any template project that can be used for that purpose? Maybe someone encountered this problem before?

Thanks!

1 Like

Can someone please respond to this post? Is Lua not supported on Windows Phone 8/Universal for the time being?

I ended up compiling lua module from sources, it was a pain in the ass, but it worked

OK. Perfect. I’ll see what I can do.

You wouldn’t by chance be able to create a pull request that adds this functionality to Cocos2d-x would you? I’ve created a ticket to add support for this (https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/issues/13761), but hasn’t gotten any traction. I don’t mind adding it myself if I can just get some help with the Win environment. I’m completely new to it and it a bit lost. (I’m also a bit lazy :stuck_out_tongue: as I already have to support four other platforms :slight_smile: )

has lua for win 8

Thank you for this. I will take a look at it.

I used it for prototyping and the corresponding sln is really messy… (