Just released Scolors for iOS and Android

Hi,
I have recently learned to use Cocos2d-x for mobile game development and now I have released my first game using it.

The game is called Scolors, and it’s an endless platformer. You steer the main character by tapping the screen which will make him jump. Your objective is to time the jumping so you don’t hit a block with different colors than your character. Every time you jump through a block with the correct color, your score increases. There are also stars you can pick up which will increase your score multiplier.

Earlier I have used a game engine called Corona SDK, but I wanted to try something new and the lucky game engine to be used was Cocos2d-x. I didn’t know C++ either when I started the development, but I think the result is great anyway.

I’m adding a link here to the trailer I’ve created for Scolors so you can see a demo before you download it.

YouTube trailer:

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scolors/id1451650715
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.antisocial.scolors

I hope that you like it, and I would really appreciate your honest feedback :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congrats on releasing your game. It looks interesting to play.

Did you procedurally generate the level so it is different each time the player plays a new game?

Yes, everything is completely random. I think that’s the best way to do it.

1 Like

My game has been featured by Apple’s “New games we love” in over 20 countries :smiley: :smiley:

5 Likes

Version 1.0.2 of Scolors has been released on both iOS and Android. This version contains:
-Fewer ads
-Better jumping mechanism
-The back button on Android has been activated.

1 Like

Congrats it looks great

1 Like

congrats ! downloading now

1 Like

You game looks very good! Congratulations! It’s like rectangular Color switch

1 Like

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: I hope you like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats !!

1 Like

Version 1.3.0 is released on Android and will be available on for iOS shortly!
-Fewer required permission
-Better optimizations for iPad/tablets
-Two extra modes (Shades and Strobe)

And so much more :smiley:

2 Likes

Exciting news :smiley:
Scolors has been featured in the Indie Corner on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/editorial_collection/promotion_topic_b000054_games_indie_corner_tp :smiley: We’re feeling so lucky the be one of the chosen games :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! Congratulations!
What is the best way to increase chance to get featured? Any idea is valuable for us.

I noticed multiple players in his reviews claim they “came here from quora”, maybe you could make a quora advert.

1 Like

Hi, thanks!
I think the best advice is to make a unique game, polish it and try to use many of Google’s features like leaderboard, achievements and so on.

Make your game responsive, add adaptive icons, make sure your game crashes as little as possible, don’t ask the user to sign in to google play if he/she already said no.

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think writing good answers (related to gaming/development) on Quora is a great way of marketing. If you write solid answers there’s no reason not to put your link there if it’s related :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great Job!!
Did u make the game with CocosCreator ? or with cocos2x with C++ ?

I built Scolors using Cocos2d-x with C++. I like building things from scratch, so a building isn’t for me. I might give it a try for the learning purpose though.