Is BuildBox is just a good and polished editor (not official definitively) built on top of cocos2dx?

Because when you use “App Brain” to find API’s present in games made with BuildBox you simply see cocos2d-x in there. For example BuildBox claims this game is made with BB. While the App Brain analytics tell you it used cocos2d-x api. And there are many such examples.

I don’t know. I haven’t heard of BuildBox before.

https://discuss.cocos2d-x.org/search?q=buildbox

Oh i’ll explain it to you, I was my first game engine.
Buildbox was used to make colour switch, a game that got ‘editors choice’!

The prices are OUTRAGEOUS but it is a game engine that requires NO CODE. It’s great for high quality games for people who have full pockets

if u install buildbox (at list the demo version which i download year ago ) you will see that they are using modified cocos2d-x engine behind the scenes i mean you can see the cocos2dx.dll there , and when you deploy it you can see the cocos2dx diploys with it with bunch of xml’s .

Well it is certainly easier to use than cocos2d. Though if this is true (I ám a former buildbox user). The way they are charging customers is outrageous!

As I know BuildBox was made on top of cococs2d-x at least they used same code as in cocos to have it able compile project to both IOS & Android platforms.