install-templates-msvc.bat does not support Visual Studio Express 2012 ?

It seems that install-templates-msvc.bat doesn’t install the templates for Visual Studio Express (!) 2012?

I just downloaded a fresh copy of Visual Studio Express 2012, plus a fresh copy of the latest stable cocos2d-x, ran install-templates-msvc.bat and the template doesn’t show up in the New Project dialogue.

The following is from install-templates-msvc.bat. Could the problem be that the line for the Express version of 2012 is missing?

cscript “SCRIPT_DIRInstallWizardForVC2008Express.js” /quiet
cscript “SCRIPT_DIRInstallWizardForVC2010Express.js” /quiet
cscript “SCRIPT_DIRInstallWizardForVS2008.js” /quiet
cscript “SCRIPT_DIRInstallWizardForVS2010.js” /quiet
cscript “SCRIPT_DIRInstallWizardForVS2012.js” /quiet

Hi Ben

after running “install-templates-msvc.bat” can you verify there are no templates in VS2012 Express? But you are probably right.

I did the change adding the VS2012 templates but since I was not running express I didn’t include them. It would be easy to add the 2012 Express templates which I guess I could do this weekend if no one else wants to champion it.

after running “install-templates-msvc.bat” can you verify there are no templates in VS2012 Express? But you are probably right.

Yes, I have run the script and checked the New Project dialogue. It does not have the cocos2d-x template (see screenshot).

It would be easy to add the 2012 Express templates which I guess I could do this weekend if no one else wants to champion it.

Awesome, thx!

Hi all,

I have same problem. I checked the scripts ( install-templates-msvc.bat, InstallWizardForVS2012.js ) and it’s generating the following error:

Error: Cannot find destination folder Visual Studio 11.0\VC\vcprojects)

vcprojects is wrong destination. What’s the correct folder for VS2012? I would edit script and fix it.

Editing InstallWizardForVS2012.js located in .

Line 92, replace vcprojects with vcprojects_WDExpress then run install-templates-msvc.bat and templates will be installed succesfully in VS 2012 Express.

var strDestFolder = FileSys.BuildPath(strValue, "vcprojects_WDExpress");

dPunisher dP wrote:

Editing InstallWizardForVS2012.js located in . emplatemsvc
>
Line 92, replace vcprojects with vcprojects_WDExpress then run install-templates-msvc.bat and templates will be installed succesfully in VS 2012 Express.
>
var strDestFolder = FileSys.BuildPath(strValue, "vcprojects_WDExpress");

./template/msvc is missing in 2.1.4, also not on github, found it on cocos2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.0 @ Dec 05 2012, worked on VS2012 ultimate, there’s no InstallWizardForVC2012Express.js in 2.1.0 so express version might not get the template.

game dev wrote:

./template/msvc is missing in 2.1.4, also not on github, found it on cocos2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.0 @ Dec 05 2012, worked on VS2012 ultimate, there’s no InstallWizardForVC2012Express.js in 2.1.0 so express version might not get the template.

Use this instead .-creator it use Python.

http://www.cocos2d-x.org/projects/cocos2d-x/wiki/How_to_create_a_multi-platform_project_in_one_command_line