Importing a project?

Hello!

What I am trying to do today is to import a full project to Android, but no tutorials are available for that. My approach was to create a new project, copy all the classes and resources in the folders and calling ./build_native.sh but I get an error because most of the files are not being included in the project. I tried opening the makefile and I can see why “LOCAL_SRC_FILES := AppDelegate.cpp HelloWorldScene.cpp”.

Should I manually modify the make file or can it be automated by some way I don’t know?

Thank you.

UPDATE:

I manually added all files and headers to the make file and I get errors linking Box2D or cocosdenshion libraries.

Hi, F Es.

I do the following:

• create a full copy of HelloWorld project into a new folder. On Linux:

cp ~~r HelloWorld MyNewProject
~~ Create a new project with sources then I point Eplipse to my Android project.

Maybe you wish to read my tutorial Developing with cocos2d-x for android on Linux

Regards.

Please,

Hey, I think we met before on Reddit :smiley:

I am working on a Windows machine and the specs are very low to be honest, so I cannot VM :frowning:

I got to the point where all libraries are linked but the project itself throws a lot of errors that were not there when compiling in Xcode for iOS. Debugging 78 classes with cascading dependences looks unfeasible.

I’d recommend you installing Ubuntu.

You won’t need neither to use a VM nor to erase Windows.

Go to Ubuntu site and download wubi (it’s a windows installer).

It will install Ubuntu in the HD. On boot time you chose either windows or Linux. This way you’ll have 100% memory and processor for the operating system you’re using at the moment.

It will take at least 5GB and at most 30GB of your hard disk (you chose how much space you want to let Ubuntu use at the moment you will install it).

My own experience is that to develop for Android is a nightmare when one uses C/C++ no matter whether one is using Linux or cygwin… but believe me: it’s better to have a Linux than to use cygwin.

Note: wubi may automatically download Ubuntu iso, but I strongly recommend you download the iso yourself and put it in the same directory with wubi. This way it will use the version you’ve already downloaded.

Regards.

Please,

hehehe the OP wouldn’t allow me. I have to work with what I am given. Maybe for home side-projects :wink: