Getting sprite position on world inside shader

Getting sprite position on world inside shader
0.0 0

Hi,
any way i can get sprite position on world without passing it using Uniform ,i wanna use one shader on multiple sprites and i want to get each sprite position in world ,I have moving camera and the shader is not moving with the camera .

float distance = sqrt(pow(gl_FragCoord.x - lightPosition[i].x, 2.0) + pow(gl_FragCoord.y - lightPosition[i].y, > 2.0));

using gl_FragCoord will not move with the camera .lightPosition is the position of the light, any way i can do that ?

the default shader of sprite is noMVP, so the value “a_position” in the vert file is the value of sprite’s world position, you can simply pass the value to .frag file,
for example:

attribute vec4 a_position;
attribute vec2 a_texCoord;
attribute vec4 a_color;

varying vec4 v_fragmentColor;
varying vec2 v_texCoord;
varying vec2 v_position;

void main()
{
gl_Position = CC_PMatrix * a_position;
v_fragmentColor = a_color;
v_texCoord = a_texCoord;
v_position = a_position.xy;
}

i’ve tested that and it worked on shapes ,but on sprites the position did’t work .

in my case I write my own light class, and all the lights and sprites are under the default camera. I move the parent layer to simulate camera moving. In my shader of sprite I pass the light’s world position and use the a_position of sprite to calculate the light effect.

i’m doing the same ,but the sprites are inside other layer and the layer inside the parent layer .im not sure if thats the issue.

So gl_fragCoord will give you the position in screen space

Which means you have to convert vertices into screen space

ive test that ,it only work if the position is gl_Position = CC_MVPMatrix * a_position; and it did’t work on gl_Position = CC_PMatrix * a_position;