[Game] Zombie Rogue - time to chop some Zombies!

:smile: Hi!
Just leaving a word to showcase my first cocos2d-x game:

Itā€™s a messy game about cutting zombies with a Japanese sword.
I find the cutting mechanics pretty amusing and the levels are procedurally generated so it can provide potentially an unlimited amount of fun.
This is still an early release, there is still a lot of stuff I want to add to add to the game. So maybe you may find the game a bit lacking content-wise.
My idea is to put this game this out as soon as possible so I can get some feedback fist.

Trailer: Youtube
Android: Google play
iOS: coming soonā€¦

1 Like

This is probably a too early release, the game idea is somehow special, but I think it still need few month of hard work, what you should do is :
-Polish the game interface.
-Add more elements to the game play, more enemy types, traps, puzzles, inventory, bosses, decorationā€¦
-Fix player control, many times I want to perform an attack, the player moves and vice versaā€¦
So probably you should withdraw the game from the store contact some designers if needed, add more budget on the project, launch a kickstarterā€¦ If you are planning to make this game an awesome oneā€¦

Hey packdora!
Thanks for the feedback!

Well I have to say that this game is more of a ā€œproject Iā€™m doing on my spare time with very little budgetā€.
I donā€™t think it would be very constructive for me to not publish the game right away. The reason is because I have really really little experience with making games, so any input I get from actual players would be really useful for me now.

There are a lot of things I want to add to the game, specially boss characters, but it is going to take itā€™s timeā€¦

One very important take-away Iā€™m taking form your feedback is about the controls. You said that there is problem with the controls, but in fact, that is caused by a cool-down time after the attack. Iā€™m going to remove the cool-down right away, since it doesnā€™t really add any value to the gameplay.
Maybe the cooldown could be used later to balance out heavier and more powerful swords.

1 Like