creating a new project in visual studio 2008 for win32.

Hello all,

I am new to cocos2d.
I have seen the guide for setting up cocos2d-x on visual studio(http://www.cocos2d-x.org/projects/cocos2d-x/wiki/Cocos2d-x_Application_Wizard_for_Visual_Studio_User_Guide)

1.I have build the source code.
2.Installed templates for visual studio 2008
3.Tests.exe is run successfully.

The next process I tried is creating a new hello world project:

1.opened the cocos2d-win32.vc2008 sln file.
2.Then I have added a new project by Right clicking on the solution of cocos2d and add new project. The location is set automatically to cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.13.0-beta .
3.I have build the project.
when I run the project it is asking me which file to execute. Then I have closed the entire project and opened the newly created project, and run it. It have given some linker errors such as libcocos2d.lib ,libbox2d.lib not found etc.
4.I have found these files on Release.win32 and copied them to the project folder. Then I have got some run time errors such as libcocos2d.dll,libEGL.dll… not found etc. I have copied them to the Debug.win32 folder. Then When i run the project the HelloWorld is running successfully .

I have some how managed to run the project.
Is the exact process which is the to be followed while creating a project for win32?

No.

All cocos2dx libs are “Debug.win32” or “Release.win32” under cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.13.0-beta.
you don’t need to copy it to your project folder.

I doubt you don’t execute install-templates-msvc.bat or make a cocos2dx project properly.
(File~~>New Project~~> Visual C++ > Cocos2d-x> Cocos2d-win32 Application)