Cocos2d-x-3.8beta0 is released!

Hi all,

We are pleasure that cocos2d-x v3.8beta0 is released.

Download

cocos2d-x-3.8beta0

Main features

UI

• Added RadioButton and RadioGroup
  • ScrollView: added scroll bar
  • ListView: added scroll bar
  • PageView: supports scrolling vertically
  • Slider: post press down and press up event
  • Slider: can change percent scope
  • EditBox: supports multi-line input on Android
  • EditBox: the behavior on Android is the same as on iOS

3D

• 3D physics: added call back of 3D skeleton animation
  • 3D physics: added collider support
  • 3D physics: added trigger support

AudioEngine

• Added preload function

Label

• Can add child to Label
  • Can auto-batch bitmap font and char map

FileUtils

• Added more functions for writing data, and bind them to script
  • Supported unicode file path on Win32

Others

• Effects: PageTurn and other effects can take effect in specified area
  • utils: CaptureScreen save files in another new thread to improve performance

Bindings generator

• Added automatic extend to JSB for classes need to extend
  • Added auto bindings generator for public member variable
  • Made memory managed by script object for classes which are not inherit from Ref
  • Improved lambda function support in auto bindings

You are appreciated if you can test it and give some feedbacks.

4 Likes

great!

thanks guys for another version of this awesome engine :smile:

Is there any news on physics bugs being fixed? I know
this is the most important for me https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/issues/11955
I usually make some pulls from github and keep my code up-to-date with the engine. I think there has been some progresses but I see circle shapes still don’t work properly with negative scales. Thinking loud here but it could be due to requirement of same scale in X and Y, there should be the same scale in magnitude but not need to force it on the sign (ie x = -1 and y = 1 should be allowed). I will have a look at home :smile:

@Dredok
Bug fixes will be handled after physics component is merged. Now because v3 is for v3.8, so i can’t send a pull request of physics component to v3. I will discuss with other guys about creating v3.8 branch, then i will send a pull request to v3.

The tools\framework-compile folder is missing. Is this intentional?
For now I just copied the one from 3.7.1, and it seems to be working (still compiling).

@zhangxm are we doing any DrawNode optimizations?

For me, even a few DrawNode objects in a Scene and the frame rate goes from 60 to 28 or less…

Good new stuff.

@zhangxm any chance to make Cocos2d-x officially supports CLion or even Android Studio 1.3 (that version and new ones supports NDK as well).

JetBrains IDEs are the best in the world for any language that they’ll support to.

3 Likes

There seems to be an issue with using Label::getLetter(int) in that it appears to be creating a duplicate letter for each character accessed with that method. Also, these duplicated letters appear with greater spacing. Issue occurs both with TTF and BMFont.

Edit: Tracked the bug down to setVisible() … ?? … we used setVisible to false on dialog appear and back to true for each letter in sequence for the animating in letters.

Workaround: We switched to using setOpacity instead to get the same effect without the duplicate letters. This is probably better as we’ll experience with fadeIn as well.

@MFHSchoonbrood
I checked it, this tool is merged into cocos console. The corresponding command is cocos gen-libs. Sorry about it, we will mention it when releasing v3.8 final version, and thanks for noticing it.

@slackmoehrle
As far as i know, there is not plan for it. Will you create an issue in github for it?

@Dunkelheit
Android Studio supporting is done. Now you can use Android Studio to open the test cases. Supporting NDK in Android Studio is in progress. There is not plan to support CLion.

@stevetranby
Thanks for the feedback. I will ask someone to take a look. You are appreciated if you can create an issue here.

@MFHSchoonbrood
Here is the manual of cocos gen-libs:
http://www.cocos2d-x.org/wiki/Cocos_gen-libs

It’s a little different with tools/framework-compile. Hope it’s helpful.

1 Like

Which version of cocos2d-x are you using? Any source code to reproduce this issue?

This one (3.8-beta-0) and c++ only. Issue noticed running on Mac build. I’ll create a new project and try it out. Maybe it’s our setup code? I’ll post results and link to issue if I can reproduce in an empty project.

Edit: Here’s the issue as I was able to get issue with new project.

Will anything change for 3d. Currently there is no support for auto batching of Sprite3D. I would like to see that feature.

I just created this for you: https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/issues/13453

Search of these forums, others report performance issues as well.

After generating the libs how do you link it to the project?

@milos1290
We will continue to add new features and improve existing features of 3D. But i don’t know the exactly plan of it.

@slackmoehrle
Thanks.

@nite
It is used generate framework used in cocos.

When to be able to support lua on iOS 64-bit this basic feature
@zhangxm

How about memory leaks in 3.8 ? Was the such leaks solved or not? See this thread.