Cocos2d-x 3.0 Tutorial Competition

Cocos2d-x 3.0 Tutorial Competition

From publishment of Cocos2d-x 3.0 alpha1 to our official release of cocos2d-x 3.0, it has been more than half a year. We believe your waiting will be valuable and worthy. To commemorate this special date, we decided to hold a competition - The Cocos2d-x 3.0 Tutorial Competition. Have you experienced 3.0 already? What do you think about it? Do you have any interesting discoveries? We’d like you to make tutorials and have them posted to our forum, which can be shared all over the world. Each participant will get a virtual memorial medal in our forum. For those truly stand out, a special edition T-shirt will be sent to the developer(s). Thank you for supporting us over the many years, in return, we will make more efforts to make our game engine even better. That is our goal, as always.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1.The competition

• Write a tutorial for Cocos2d-x 3.0, Cocos2d-JS alpha2, or CocoStudio 1.3.0.1.The Cocos engine team will then pick the winning entries based on the quality of the entry.

2.Rewards

• Cocos2d-x special edition T-shirt: 5-10 for winning entries.

T-shirts

• Every participants will be awarded with a forum medal.

Forum-Medal

3.Entry requirements

• The tutorial must focus on Cocos2d-x 3.0, Cocos2d-js 3.0 or CocoStudio 1.3.
  • Must be original work.
  • Written in English, using markdown format, posted on our forum.
  • (Optional but suggeed) Supply a working and open source demo.

4.Submission

• Add “[Cocos3.0 Tutorial]” prefix to your forum topic.
  • Post your tutorial to the Corresponding section (C++) (JavaScript) (CocoStudio)
  • Reply to this topic with link to your tutorial.
  • The deadline is May 25th.

You can download the latest engine from here:
http://www.cocos2d-x.org/download

For more details of Cocos2d-x 3.0, please refer to Cocos2d-x 3.0’s release note:
https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/blob/develop/docs/RELEASE_NOTES.md

For more details of Cocos2d-JS-3.0, please refer to Cocos2d-JS-3.0’s release note:
http://www.cocos2d-x.org/docs/manual/framework/html5/release-notes/v3.0a/release-note/en

For more details of Cocostudio, please refer to Cocostudio-1.3.1’s release note:
http://www.cocos2d-x.org/wiki/CocoStudio

T-shirts.png (747.2 KB)

Forum-Medal.png (97.8 KB)

Wow, I like the T-shirt.

Interesting…

• Are there any specifics in the tutorial to submit?
  • Can it be as simple as setting up the Environment or do we need to make a small game?
  • Are we allowed to use additional libraries, i.e. Facebook, Google Play Services, Twitter, etc.?
  • Can it be platform specific? I.E. not cross-platform?

Magnificent!!!
Here are my tutorials:

@lance_gray wrote:

Interesting…

• Are there any specifics in the tutorial to submit?
  • Can it be as simple as setting up the Environment or do we need to make a small game?
  • Are we allowed to use additional libraries, i.e. Facebook, Google Play Services, Twitter, etc.?
  • Can it be platform specific? I.E. not cross-platform?

Are there any specifics in the tutorial to submit?
Answer: There are no specifics in the tutorial to submit. Do whatever you like to make your tutorials easy to be understood.

Can it be as simple as setting up the Environment or do we need to make a small game?
Answer: Yes, you can post a very simple tutorial. A small game demo is encouraged as a good way to show your tutorial.

Are we allowed to use additional libraries, i.e. Facebook, Google Play Services, Twitter, etc.?
Answer: Absolutely you can. And that is attractive.

Can it be platform specific? I.E. not cross-platform?
Answer: Yes, you can make a iOS or Android only tutorial.

Cool T-Shirts!
I want one :slight_smile:

Can the tutorials be video based tutorials on YouTube?

Awesome initiative!

I already have a series of tutorial-like articles planned, but they will be in Spanish (and I don’t really think I’ll have the time to translate them all to English), so I guess I’ll be left out of the competition :stuck_out_tongue:

@ZippoLag wrote:

Awesome initiative!

I already have a series of tutorial-like articles planned, but they will be in Spanish (and I don’t really think I’ll have the time to translate them all to English), so I guess I’ll be left out of the competition :stuck_out_tongue:

Why not? Just choose some parts of them and share us~~

@SonarSystems wrote:

Can the tutorials be video based tutorials on YouTube?

I’m sorry that is not allowed for this competition.
But we are glad you can give us the url and we may share your video on our facebook if it was really good.

:slight_smile:

Great news!.

My Simple tutorial:
[Cocos3.0 Tutorial] Integrate Admob ( google play services ) with Cocos2d-x v3.0 Final

@zijian.rao
Our videos are already posted via articles through one of your colleagues :smiley:

Thanks @SonarSystems, these tutorials are very interesting and very helpful, we wait for others about multiresolution, multiple languages, INP,…
Thnak you ,Thank you :slight_smile:

yes please, more tutorials :slight_smile:
it is my first time using cocos2dx and currently learning from cpp test source code,
and its not easy hohoho

@mochichama
We have several tutorial series’s on our channel which we believe will be of help

1 Like

Not for the competition but we have loads of video tutorials,

1 Like

@zijian.rao wrote:

Why not? Just choose some parts of them and share us~~

I think I can do that, I’ll see which one I like the most and translate it and put it here before 25/5.

Good luck to you all and work hard! :smiley:

Would be nice if there was a tutorial for the simple and obvious topic of ‘how to install and setup a project?’. I am stuck. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to create a project in visual studio 2013 express. v3.0 alpha had a nice tool to do this in a convenient way. But the new console thing doesn’t even work for me.

Amazing T-Shirt!! I will do my best to win one :slight_smile:

@utilae
We have tutorials covering setting up Cocos2d-x and generating a project for Android on Windows but should be easily adaptable to Visual Studio using V3.