Cocos Creator v3.8.2 Community Test Version(Official Release Version has been published)

Hi, community members, everyone ~ After a period of development, our 3.8.2 has entered the testing phase. The main focus of 3.8.2 is to fix issues in the 3.8 version. It also optimizes some functions and upgrades some third-party tools. Now we are inviting community users to participate in the public test, thank you for your continued support!

Download link [011206]

Historical versions [122606]

Historical versions [121206]

Historical versions[120601]

Update description (partial)

Engine

New features / optimizations

• Pipeline supports multiple light sources, CSM, and multiple light shadow support. Web pipeline enables object pooling.
  • Fix Spine setTrackXXXListener not effective in Web.
  • Re-organized and adapted the code for napi in the platform layer of the OpenHarmoney platform.
  • Optimize the integration logic of XR. Do not compile XRInterface.cpp when XR is closed.
  • Upgrade V8 to version 11.6.189.22.
  • Upgrade the version of Nodejs used in the project to 18.
  • Support reading the maximum number of files to be downloaded simultaneously from the project configuration file settings.json.

Fixes

• Fix Spine memory leak.
  • Fix the issue where std::unary_function cannot be found after upgrading to Xcode 15.
  • Fix the issue where the js file nameā€™s md5 value does not change when the wasm file is modified.
  • Fix the issue where the code for gfx webgl/webgl2 backends is also packed on the native platform.
  • Fix the error when passing the visualize parameter into the build-engine module.

Editor

New features / optimizations

• Optimize the display of build task time.
  • Adjust the scrollbars of each panel in the project setting module, and optimize the interaction of texture compression interface.
  • Upgrade ASTC tool to version 4.6.0.
  • Avoid the error interface of preview when getting settings throws an exception and does not return, and fix the timing of displaying the error interface of preview.
  • Optimize the scheduling of texture compression task and optimize the display of build progress during compression.
  • Optimize the use of compilation engine cache and fix the issue where cc.js may not be found in the compilation engine cache ( feedback source )
  • Support independent release of Bundle through command line. ( Reference documentation )
  • Support custom build panel. ( Reference documentation )
  • Allow dragging the input box to change the size of the input box on the multiple line text in the property inspector.

Fixes

• Fix the issue where the new script will not run after importing the resource package and can only be restarted.
  • Fix the issue where the scene data in the bundle is missing after importing the build configuration and auto-completion is not performed.
  • Fix the issue where PNG format images exported from Blender fail to import. ( Feedback source )
  • Adjust the directory of remote in vivo platform build from the original src/remote to the root directory remote.
  • Fix the issue where opening other prefabs from the animation mode prompts that node data cannot be found.
  • Fix the issue where preview may be stuck if the script is modified frequently.
  • Fix the issue where PNG format images exported from Blender fail to import. ( Feedback source )
  • Fix the issue where cc.js may not be found in the compilation engine cache. ( Feedback source )
  • Fix the issue where the simulator may crash when using the custom pipeline.
  • Fix the issue where the rect value of the camera is not effective in the scene.
  • Fix the issue where the baking result of the light probe is lost after moving the probe.
  • Fix the issue where the bounding box is separated from the probe after restarting the project.
  • Fix the issue where the interface of the property inspector with the preview picture may vibrate when the size is critical.
  • Fix the issue where the frequently opened panel may cause memory leakage.
2 Likes

Hey there

What happened to the cocos team? They all were no longer active on the forums.

4 Likes

Yah I feel that too. There is question about custom engine workflow but no one of cocos team has replied

Hiļ¼Œ Friend.
Sorry for the late reply.

The team is busy with the new version and the new plan for 2024.

As you can see, v3.8.2 is coming.

So, just stay tuned.

Thanks for your support.

Sorry, I havenā€™t seen that post. Could you please paste the link here?

https://discuss.cocos2d-x.org/t/custom-build-simulator-cocos-creator-3-8-0-using-gulp-always-fail/59952

i am glad that you can help me. here is the link

Hey there,

Thanks for your response.
Iā€™ve been a Cocosā€™s user (lover) for over a decade now.
Of course the team were always busy, but not that busy.
They (@pandamicro, @slackmoehrle, @LukeStapley etc.) all were missing from here for 3/4 months now.

Since Cocos is a open-sourced and free product, this made me worried that Cocos products line might be discontinued. I do hope, you would let us know in advance in that case?

Question, is this in v3.8.2?

Answer my own question; yes. Yes it is.

This is a much needed function that allows you to dynamically assign connected bodies to joints without using the enable/disable hack.

Found an issue that acts weird with mouse joints and makes the joints strength seem 1/10 of its strength. Will make a GitHub issue for it.

do you guys have a look at the multi-camera issue when publish to native plateform as well?

Does it have a GitHub issue?

Idk is there anyone else notice that on GitHub but I have email them couples of mons ago.
I believe that properties of camera works for web however the result on native platform is not always the same.

Hi, friend, thanks for your feedback.
Could you describe this in more detail?

You are so observant, you noticed even this.
Other colleagues and I will take the duty to take care of the forum.
Thanks for your continuous support.

3 Likes