Cocos Creator 1.2.1 released!
We are excited to release version 1.2.1 of Cocos Creator. Cocos Creator is a new, unified, development tool that handles every step in the game development process.
Full Release Notes from v1.2.1
- [Assets] Fixed renaming asset will cause error when using filter in Assets panel.
- [Preview] Fixed using console.log(node) in browser preview will generate a lot of error message issue.
- [Preview] Fixed when previewing scene in browser, enter prefab editing mode will cause error issue.
- [Editor] Fixed loading a new scene right after save previous scene in editor may cause the new scene to be overwrite by old scene issue.
- [Dashboard] Fixed can’t create a new project at root path on windows issue.
- [Build] Fixed an error that may cause built engine size not reduced as engine module setting.
- [Build] Fixed deleting scene when Build Setting panel is open cause built game to black screen issue.
- [Preference] Added ‘Enable Auto Compile’ option in ‘Data Editor’ tab of Preference panel. So user can disable auto compile and only use manual compile.
- [Code-Editor] Fixed ‘tab’ key not working in builtin Code Editor.
- [Console] Fixed clicking error message in bottom status bar will not jump to Console panel correctly issue.
- [Engine] Fixed some UI element may cause memory leak issue.
- [Engine] Fixed an error cause ‘Landscape’ orientation not enforced on mobile device.
- [Engine] Fixed
Mouse hoverevent not cleared after scene switch issue.
- [Engine] Fixed defining a global variable in a script with ‘Import as plugin’ option will cause error issue.
- [Engine] Fixed skew render calculation not consistent between Web and native platforms issue.
- [Render] Fixed a bug that cause BMFont not able to be batch rendered.
- [Graphics] Fixed when drawing arc set counterclockwise will get wrong direction issue.
- [Graphics] Fixed using some API on Windows will cause crash issue.
- [Action] Fixed using ScaleBy, SkewBy actions will cause ‘too much recursion’ error
- [JSB] Now
sendAPI of socket.io can accept object argument on native platforms
- [JSB] Now
runActionwill return action instance on native platforms.
- [Component] Fixed fetching property reference failed and display as
NONEissue when there’s a lot of properties defined on a single component.
- [Component] Fixed color picker cannot save color correctly issue.
- [Button] Fixed when
falsewill not get correct appearance issue.
- [Mask] Fixed a bug that cause Mask not taking effect in event handling if register event before node is added to the node tree.
- [Animation] Fixed Collider component size will be reset to 0 when adding key frame in animation issue.
- [Animation] Fixed setting node active to
falsein another component’s
onEnablemethod will not stop animation from playing issue.
- [Animation] Fixed compiling script in Animation editing mode will cause trajectory disappear issue.
- [ScrollView] Fixed scrollBar not updated correctly when scrolling to the bottom and removing the last entry.
- [ScrollView] Only allow event register when
contentproperty bound to a node.
- [ScrollView] Added
cancelInnerEventsproperty to control if
touchendevent can penetrate to entry node.
- [ScrollView] Fixed scrollBar will disappear when Scrollview node is activated.
- [ScrollView] Fixed the white top margin issue on iOS platform.
- [Label] Fixed opaque alias around Label in WebGL render mode.
- [Label] Fixed LabelOutline component can cause infinite loop for
Shrinkoverflow on label.
- [Label] Fixed when loading multiple TTF assets, Label component may end up using the wrong TTF asset issue.
- [Label] Fixed adding BitmapFont asset to the project when editor is not active may cause importing to fail issue.
- [VideoPlayer] Added
- [Widget] Fixed
Widgetcomponent may get disabled in editor after run preview.
- [SpriteDistortion] Fixed sphere distortion component not working in refactored WebGL render system.
- [EditBox] Fixed when input type set to
maxLengthproperty had no effect issue.
The most important source of examples is the Example Collection project template. There are also many demos to show a complete game:
- Dark Slash basic game loop demo. Special thanks to Veewo Games for authorizing us to use original ‘Dark Slash’ game resources to make this tutorial.
- UI Demos including multi-resolution supporting menu interface with cool transition animations, a backpack generated by data and prefab and a Clash Royale style navigation menu showcase.
- Blackjack demo, collaboratively developed with Tencent Games.
- Flappy Bird clone featuring a sheep.
- Star Catcher demo game, in user manual we have a quick start tutorial showing how to build this game step by step.
We will keep on adding more demos and complete games as well as improving the existing ones!