Changed package name so getting error - ActivityClass does not exist

Hi,

Need your help here,

I changed package name in AndroidManifest.xml and now when i build the app i am getting error -

ActivityClass does not exist.

Is there any other place where i need to change the package name of the app.

Thank you.

Don’t change the packageName within the AndroidManifest.xml. It’s only the internal packageName.

The real visible packageName for the PlayStore is in app/build.gradle (applicationId). This applicationId can be changed without problems.

I already changed the applicationId in build.gradle, but still my apk shows old package name.

I am building using command line so i think project.android folder is used instead of project.androidstudio on which there is a build.gradle.

So what should i do in this case?

change inside build.grdle change inside manifest file, and when running tjru command give parameter
--android-studio
so it compiling gradle build

Can you tell me how to solve this issue if i have to build without using --android-studio, i.e by using proj.android folder…

Inside the manifest isn’t a good idea. It’s really just for the code references and not for the packageName in the PlayStore. If you change the packageName in the manifest, you have to move all your custom Java code to the new package as well. This could lead into much work for someone who is not familiar with Android development. I wouldn’t recommended it.