Blockets is a puzzle game where you have to place various shapes in a grid and complete lines and columns. The goal is to score as high as possible.
I have introduced a couple of gimmicks that will, hopefully, add positively to the original mechanics. Namely:
- a timer: if you don’t complete a line or a column before the timer expires, an obstacle will be created;
- an energy bar: complete lines/columns to get energy;
- use the energy to remove the obstacles (click on the obstacle) OR
- use the energy to fill a gap in the grid (click on an empty grid tile);
- make combos (multiple lines and columns completed at once) to get more energy and a score bonus;
- as you progress, more complicated shapes will appear!
The game was made with Cocos Creator and Typescript, art with Inkscape.
Thank you and hope you’ll enjoy it!