Android : Game launch takes much time

Hello,

I am using Creator 3.5.2
My game takes lot of time to launch on Android mobile on mid/low (v7a) end devices. Until then black screen appears.
What could be the reason behind it?

Can lot of assets inside Resources folder could be the issue?

Regards.

Hi

Number of files in resources folder is not an issue.
In some projects, we stored 300~500 files.

But, if you load them all, then that’s a big issue.

Do not load them all at once. Attaching a file to a component in editor is also considered as “loading” of it. So, do not attach a lot of them as well.

So, load and unload as and when needed from script at runtime. Not at the Editor.

Ofcourse, I am doing that way only and my first scene dont have much at all, its just Game logo and bunch of initialisation (that too after logo displayed).
Also rest of the folders i marked as Bundles so that wont load at all on game launch.

Even for testing purpose, in my current project i had added one Test.scene with just SplashSprite as bg and even that it taking around 5-6 seconds to load in mid level devices.
But with HelloWorld project its taking around 1 sec to launch the game, so thats why i wanted to find root cause to optimise my game.
This is just for Android BTW.

I think, you should start from there.
Turn off all of them and check the load time.
Then, enable one by one and find out your bottleneck.

Just my cenets and hope it helps.
GL

@StudioAMK As i said before, I already created one dummy scene with just one splash-sprite and no script attached at all. And mark that scene as launch scene in my current project, still game is taking 5-6 second to launch. and i am not redirecting from that scene to any new scene (No initialisation, nothing). I just created for testing purpose so thats why I am saying there is something which is miss out from engine point of view.
Do you have any live game on Android which i can test? pls share if any

@zhangxm @mr.kylin Can you please look into this?

@sp88 you can check the project settings with HelloWorld. May be you don’t unselect unneeded modules.

Ofcourse i had removed unwanted modules.

HelloWorld is taking 1 sec to launch with all modules selected.

Could you please provide the demo?