work worse in v3.0-beta

I’ve just moved my project from v3.0-pre alpha1 to v3.0-beta, but in Android platform ,it doesn’t work as well as before, it performs about 56 frames/s, but now it only performs about 28 frames/s, I debug my project on Sumsun galaxy s4. does anyone has the same problem with me?

Yeah, I have the same problem as you. I have compared with v3.0-pre alpha1 and v3.0-beta’s TestCpp project, some tests like TiledMapTest performs much worse.

en,I also test Armature and tiledmap this afternoon, which make me so confused, Does anybody knows how to solve the problem?

So far with v3 Beta my game seems snappier. Stability wise it is an improvement over v 2.x.

Yes, me to . For test, I add 2000 sprites to scene, it performs about 15 frames/s with cocos2dx 2.14, but it only performs about 5 frames/s with cocos2dx 3.0 beta.

what kind of phone are you guys testing on?

I am on ios 7 with an iphone 5s, ipad mini and ipad mini with retina display as well as 10.9 as Mac App.

season lee wrote:

I’ve just moved my project from v3.0-pre alpha1 to v3.0-beta, but in Android platform ,it doesn’t work as well as before, it performs about 56 frames/s, but now it only performs about 28 frames/s, I debug my project on Sumsun galaxy s4. does anyone has the same problem with me?

Yes, we’re working on improving performance.
Can you tell me how to reproduce this performance drop?

chdong xu wrote:

Yes, me to . For test, I add 2000 sprites to scene, it performs about 15 frames/s with cocos2dx 2.14, but it only performs about 5 frames/s with cocos2dx 3.0 beta.

We have a performance test for sprite, and the result seems not so bad https://docs.google.com/a/cocos2d-x.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvkdgVbWvpZdHFudzdDT3NuYTRNTHlZZzRGZWYzMmc&usp=drive_web#gid=3.

But we may make something wrong. Could you paste a sample to help to resolve it. And please describe the environment you tested on.

Thanks.

Yes, please, if possible send us the code to reproduce it. We will fix this issue ASAP.

A pull request for performance test is added here https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/pull/5068. This performance issue is reported by a developer who had a performance issue when using big tilemap using beta0 version.

I am not sure if the issue is the same as this thread.

seasons lee:
I think I fixed the issue. Could you please try again with “develop” branch from github ?

Thanks.

I tested latest version from github develop branch with my project.
And it is got worst.
Framerate is dropped more.
60fps with alpha1 became about 20 fps with official beta, and became 15 fps with latest version.

I tested with Galaxy note 2(n7100), Android 4.3.

It’s time to enable the profilers, gentlemen. :slight_smile:

Haneol Park:
Interesting. What is the best way to reproduce it?
I’m assuming that you are testing everything on release mode, correct ?

dot squid: thanks. you are correct. Actually all the changes that I did yesterday were with the Profiler, and it improved the performance in about 20% (sometimes much more depending on the case) in the renderer.

I tested again with latest commit on github.
and it makes my project runs by 60 fps on android device
I tested on Galaxy S2(android 2.3) and Note 2(android 4.3).
It works great!
You just saved my life Ricardo.
Thank you sooooooo much.

Good to know. I’m glad to know that the performance is good again.