Windows Game Contest!

I get a list every Tuesday.

I tried 2.2.9. Itā€™s not looking like a bugā€¦ Itā€™s like this since the new project templates (precompiled). Why is everyone ignoring windows phone? Please, take a look. Itā€™ll really make my life simpler is project can have several megabytes not 8gb :slight_smile: And I prefer compliling over few seconds, not few minutes :slight_smile:

I added the games to participate in the competition about a month ago.

Said every software developer, everā€¦I mean EVERā€¦ :slight_smile:

I have 2 submissions from you.

I think itā€™s time to get some new hardware or use distributed compilation. :smile:

I remember the times, where I poked in ASM or even hexdump. Compilation time: ZERO.

I have nice new, hardware. 15 inch MacBook Pro, 512 SSD, dual video cards, 16gb RAM, what elseā€¦hmmmm

Xcode removed distcc sadly. I used to have it running on all the macsI own to farm out compiles too.

I remember the times I wrote in BASIC, age 10, eating powered doughnuts and drinking chocolate milk. Compile time, who knows. Getting to eat unlimited doughnuts, priceless :slight_smile:

16GB RAM? Come on, the new Pascal GPUs coming in 2016 have that amount :stuck_out_tongue:
I think I will stick to my i7/16GB RAM machine till then.

Ever tried these:

Powered by powder? :smile:
Doughnuts and CM still sounds very goodā€¦

I think you misunderstood me.
I mean itā€™s already fast, but on NEW TEMPLATE. On my iMac compliation (first time) itā€™s just about few seconds, because thereā€™s no need to compile 600+ cocos2d-x library files (itā€™s precompiled). Iā€™m not complaining about compilation time, but that NEW TEMPLATE, which I want to use, lacks windows phone project. That forces me to use OLD TEMPLATE, which takes a lot of time for compliation (windows phone is the longest). And when I change c++/cli delegates (called from c# code) I need to rebuild whole project and because of that whole cocos2d-x library will rebuild too, which takes A LOT of time. If cocos2d-x will be precompiled for windows phone too it will as fast as lighting.
Am I clear now?

Can you give an estimate on it? How do you define ā€œa LOT of timeā€? 3 seconds? 3 minutes? 3 hours?

About ten minutes.

Ah well, that sucks. A complete re-build of the engine takes me 3 minutes, but my problem is, that every time I change a thing and compile the release build, it re-compiles everything. This even happens, regardless of the VS setting NEVER EVER to do that.

Why is that? Canā€™t you do incremental builds?

When I create a delegate in c++/cli I need to call it from c#, but it does not ā€œseeā€ it and I ordinary compilation fails. Dunno why, but the only way is full clean.
Canā€™t be cocos2d-x lib precompiled like on ios in new template?

Hi, Iā€™m trying to compile a project for WP but Iā€™m getting ā€œError running command, return code: 1ā€.

Hereā€™s the whole dump: http://pastebin.com/B9reHsJJ

Iā€™m getting the same for cocos compile -p wp8_1 on a newly-generated helloworld example. so I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on.

Iā€™m using cocos2d-js v3.6

edit: after investigating a bit, it appears that I canā€™t build for win8.1 from a windows 7 machine, is that correct?

yep, you have to use Win 8.1

Hi, it would be nice to see all submissions on a single page (so we can be sure the progress was successful). I submitted my new game www.alienstarracing.net and wanted to know if its on the list. Thanks and keep up the good work,
J.

Iā€™m interested in finding submitted games too! Iā€™ve read thereā€™s an excel somewhere but Iā€™m not able to find it. So How can we know if our game have been submitted correctly?

2 Likes

We are not releasing the list of submissions at this time.

If you are concerned that your game is not submitted you can e-mail windows@cocos.com and ask. We get a list every Tuesday for the past weeks submission.

After having submitted and getting my app accepted in early May, I just got an email from Microsoft saying that:

Using an API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Windows Store apps violates the Windows Store certification requirements.

They list all the problems and all of them are from APIs called from libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll, which I believe are for OpenSSL.

Iā€™m using the MSOpenTech fork of cocos2d-x v2, so Iā€™m not sure where the problem could have been introduced. I would assume that these DLLs would have been included automatically somehow, as my app doesnā€™t use networking at all.

Anyone else come across this? Any idea if this is an issue with the MSOpenTech fork? Or is there a bad setting in my project?

I am going to ask the MSOpenTech folks to chime in here. I will e-mail them as well. I think this is important to figure out.

@stammen can you help us with this?