Windows Game Contest!

@toojuice What version of cocos2d-x are you using? Thanks.

Hi,
I’m a little confused right now. I submitted my app about 10 days ago and the dialog was clearly labeled ‘submission successful’. I asked Microsoft customer support by mail and they said it’s not on the list. Little strange. I re-submitted hoping that it will be successful this time.

Here are some suggestions if there will be any contest in the future:

• Make the submits public and list it on a single website
  • If the contest ends a little feedback would be nice for at least the first 10 - 15 games
  • If possible, all games should be ranked, so any hard-working developer could know his placing so he can improve

Thank you very much,
J.

3 Likes

Send me a PM with your submission info and I can take a look to see if I have it on my list.

Thank you for the feedback. We do have some areas to improve, I agree.

Does anyone got this error while uploading package into Dev center dashboard?

Validation error:   We can't read the package.

Just builded Win8.1 version of the game, and noticed that LocalStorage is not working, it does not save data. Web version of cc.sys.localStorage works well. Maybe i need to add some library to my win8.1 project? Or something else?

Cocos version is 3.6.1
Language - javascript

Thanks!

And one more question, how can i check that my App is applyed to the Contest, a mail must arrive to my e-mail box?

I sent a email (1 day ago) to windows@cocos.com (For Windows Developer account), and did not answer…

1 Like

If you send me your info to windows@cocos.com, I can check.

Sometimes I don’t work on weekends :smile: I replied to all the e-mails I had a few minutes ago. You should have your token now.

I received the token, thank you very much.

Hello my name is Victor Talamantes, I submitted my game last week and updated it yesterday. Can I still update it before the end of the month? Can you verify if you got my entry? Thanks.

please e-mail windows@cocos.com for these requests. I don’t want to lose track of them here on the forums.

Thanks for all the help @slackmoehrle !! I sent you an email :smile:

Cheers!

I think that it would be great if there would be some list that shows all games that have registered for this contest.

2 Likes

Hi!

I’m trying to build my (Cocos2d-js v3.6) project for WP8_1 but I’m getting a “cannot find Runtime.h” error in AppDelegate.cpp…

Does anyone have a clue as to what may be going on? :frowning:

Damned, I won’t make it before the deadline (maybe already too late, considering the time for review by microsoft). Have too many issues with cocos bugs using 3.3 and 3.6 :frowning:

The contest deadline is still on June 30th?

One more extension??? haha

Supposedly microsofts’ review time is short but I’m cutting it ridiculously close too. I’m just going to try and whatever happens happens.

@coldjacket My approvaltime at microsoft was literally like an hour or so. So maybe if je go the net days without sleep you might manage to join the competition;)

@slackmoehrle I mailed you again regarding my game submission, no reply as for this moment and time is pressing now. We completed and submitted our game 12 days ago we are still waiting for somebody from the cocos/windows tram to confirm our submission.

Again here is the windows phone link : https://www.windowsphone.com/nl-nl/store/app/game-of-thr33s/09b6593c-dc1f-4f68-b0f4-3065e159dbea

We worked hard to get our game ready for the deadline and really want to join the competition. But since submitting the game on the official page appearantly does not get us automatically on the list and with only a day more to go I have no idea what to do anymore to join the contest, hence this post.

@slackmoehrle will answer you, and me, and all of us tomorrow, because today is Sunday, and he doesn’t work on weekends.

Wait… What? Shame on him! How dare he!

Jokes by side, who else does? Isn’t that the purpose of a weekend? Not to work?

If I know something about him, is his reliability! Learning to be a little patience is part of the game.
I’m pretty sure, that no one is getting left behind.