Use Steam's data folders?

I used something like twice what I thought I might need. Auto-cloud seems like the way to go, definitely!

1 Like

Thanks, you rock!!

Oh, were you able to test the Cloud functionality during development? It looks possible, from a quick glance.

1 Like

TankorSmash, just curious where you call SteamAPI_init() and SteamAPI_Shutdown(). I added the call to SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary and to SteamAPI_Init() in main.cpp under proj.win32, but I can also see adding those to AppDelegate.

And if I added them to AppDelegate, then I can add the SteamAPI_Shutdown() call to the AppDelegate destructor. That’s what I think I’ll do.

Steam init happens in bool AppDelegate::applicationDidFinishLaunching() for me and I put the shutdown in ~AppDelegate(). I don’t use the RestartApp anywhere, but I should because I rely on Steam everywhere lol.

Very cool. I don’t know, I’m still very raw on this. Yes, I’ve had my games “run” on Steam, but this is the first year I’m actually interfacing with Steam. Should be fun, and your help has been fantastic. Lots to learn!

Once my 2019 version is actually released, I’m taking a break from this for a few months, then I’m going to start on 2020, and my #1 goal will be implementing online multiplayer. Now that should be interesting, LOL!

Yeah that sounds like a whole bunch of work, good luck man! Hope your new version goes better than mine has haha

I’ll be honest, it’s a brutal market, and people can be so mean. I get discouraged every year, because the earnings just aren’t great, but each year, I hope “these new features will make a difference.” All I can say is to hang in there. We know that all successful people keep learning and have many attempts before something really clicks for them.

The key is to have fun and keep trying, right? And to learn. I keep listening to customers and hope I’ll eventually have something that has broader appeal, even if it’s eventually in a completely different application.

Good luck!!

1 Like

Just sharing my progress periodically, in case anything I do can help you now or in the future. Most of my progress if from you, though, LOL!

I now detect when the user brings up the Steam panel (Shift-Tab) and pause my animation or resume my animation if they remove the panel.

I’m hoping to have a working build tomorrow, and I’ll test downloading it and running it in Steam then. Hopefully by next week, I’ll be able for you to test, if you’re interested.