Thanks for your suggestion. I’m not sure if you’re the person who at me on weibo.com. I just reply on weibo to the same questions a few minutes ago.
1. Use the integrated kazmath library since 2.0
2. Only a few users asked for changing camera in their 2D games.
3. lambdas is still too new for some old systems. We are also avoid using too much c*+ features, just like overload operators, overload new/deleate, templates, which will make beginners easier to learn this framework. Callbacks can be more elegant in script binding layer, instead of improving it in C*+
4. Almost all large projects of c*+ are using reference count or smart pointer. We chose the ref count coz it’s easier to be managed. Smart pointer is usually made with c*+ templates, which is we avoid to use. If you annoy with autorelease pool, you can call new/delete/init directly, and passby the CCAutoreleasePool, that’s an important part of our design.
5. The edit/create permission of wiki.cocos2d-x.org is open to every registered developers on this website. Besides this, a full-time writer will probably join in us in the coming month.