Support custom Cocos2dxHelper class

Hello for everyone.

At work I’m developing some software for custom android platform with two phisical displays. At one displays there is an android sdk based app, and at the second display there is a cocos2dx opengl view. We woked with some old version of cocos 3.*. Now I decide to update project to build against newest cocos2dx-3.13, since all you guys works greate on the engine. But unfortunately, I’ve faced with one error, during compilation - at file Cocos2dxHelper.java init method was changed! Long time ago, init takes Context object to run. Now it takes Activity.

This problems already been discussed here , but in the context of LiveWallpapers and no good solutions was suggested (from my opinion). I call Cocos2dxHelper init method from Service, so I can put through only Context class, not Activity (and it can’t be casted to Activity, since its Service).

For now I can fix compilation issue with my changed helper file:
Cocos2dxHelper.java, placed instead of default cocos2dx-3.13 file, but this is not good, because its changed cocos folder.

Is there is a better way? can I somehow subclass from Cocos2dxHelper at project subfolder? or provide different init method somehow? Or maybe Cocos2dxHelper class need to be modified in a first place, since now it restrict its usage only for Activity, but inside class almost all methods can be called from Context?

Thanks in advance,
glad to hear any suggestions.