State of TMX Support

Hello, i recently started looking into cocos2dx html5 - well and javascript, so excuse me if I overlook some simple things.

i did some testing with the tmx functionality, and run into some issues. is the whole auto vertex Z stuff working correctly? ( as its dependent on the tmxlayer.propertyNamed() function - which is still marked todo, and doesnt work properly)

im just evaluating zOrdering on a tilemap, to do stuff like building houses behind trees/cliffs whatever…

ah well, as im already typing - how does the parent z depth influence the z depth of its children, or they other way around - is there a connection between the depth of a node and its children? And how does this relate to other layers? does each layer have its own z Space? or is there only a global z space? Sorry for the confusion…

thank you !

Hi there,

I was wondering the same regarding vertexZ. I’m also trying to get an isometric TMX tilemap to work with sprites moving around, the player character.

I looked at TileMapTest.js that ships with cocos2d-x HTML5, and it includes a TMXIsoVertexZ sample, but it doesn’t seem to work. The sprite just moves around on top of the tilemap.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? I don’t really want to split up my tilemap into layers and use TMXIsoZorder, mainly because my tilemap changes dynamically - it’s a building type game and having to keep track of which layer things are on is a pain.

VertexZ is not available on canvas now.
you might consider using Zorder instead of VertexZ
TMXIsoZorder sample

Thanks for the reply, Shengxiang.

As I mentioned, I don’t really want to use Zorder because that depends on your map being built in a very specific way with each horizontal row on a new layer.

Or is there a way to use ZOrder while still using only one layer?