Sometimes not loading chartboost ads, not found ad error

The id from the sample are for testing only, they will always show ads, but no pay out.

Here the OP. Nite is right, chartboost probably doesnt have enoughs ads for ur zone. Maybe they can give u one ad and for the next one it start to show the error 6. Or sometimes they will give 100 ads until they run out of ads.

What I did to fix it, its using two ads providers at same time. Now im loading one ad of chartboost and one of another provider. When I call the showAd() if chartboost gives me the error 6 I show the other ad. And in case that the other provider gives me too the error 6ā€¦ well the user/player wins and dont have to see an ad :smiley:

Im sorry for no answering before. There is no real fix because there is nothing wrong or broken. Try to do some hack as I did.

Hi @nite:

Iā€™ve added AdColony too, but it is quickly running out (I saw over 10 AdColony ads and I couldnā€™t see more).

However, I found a workaround with Chartboost: Schedule a method to check each 0.5 seconds if rewarded_video was cached if not cached then call cache method. But same rewarded video is played always.

I donā€™t know what is the best solution here, because we canā€™t publish our free game where players canā€™t play rewarded videos.

Best regards,

Im using AdColony + Chartboost too. And yes, in Spain there arent so many ads. Idk why. Think that someone playing in France, UK or USA probably would have unlimited ads.

In my case, if they dont have rewarded ads for being showed I give the reward for free. If u do it, before u should check that the error is the number 6. If not they could cheat u disconnecting the network service.

Hi @Undume, @nite :

Thank you for your advice. Iā€™ve combine Chartboost with AdColony, as you say.

Finally I fixed the Chartboost issue managing cache in our side:

• In some way, the autocache is not working in our game. If I receive an error 6 after a rewarded video plays then, time and again, no more rewarded video are cached.

• My workaround is schedule a method to check the ad availability in my scene: this.schedule(this.checkAdsCache, 0.25);. It calls to sdkbox.PluginChartboost.isAvailable("myAd"); if false than calls to sdkbox.PluginChartboost.cache("myAd");. I use too a flag to avoid calls to cache method while weā€™re waiting a response. Iā€™ve disabled auto-cache with sdkbox.PluginChartboost.setAutoCacheAds(false); to avoid additional checks.

Iā€™ve checked this approach with Chartboost support. They help me to setup ads and had told me it was OK.

Thanks and best!

I have the exact same issue and your solution worked fine for me as well!

However, I really think that SDKBOX should get this workingā€¦