Social Gaming Framework

Hey guys, I’m writing a small social gaming framework for use in cocos2d-x that will have Game Centre and Google Play support. I’m trying to write it so that it is very easy to integrate into existing projects. Currently I’m looking at adding basic leaderboard functionality (submit high score) for my own game, but if anyone has specific use cases they are interested in, I’d love to hear them.

Real-time/Turn-based multi player ??

Heh, a “small” social gaming framework. I’m looking at just writing a clean wrapper around Game Centre and Google Play’s Leaderboard and Achievement functionality. I was surprised that I couldn’t find an up-to-date properly functioning existing wrapper. I thought Game Centre was something everybody was using in their games.

Hi @Nick_E, you might find Cocos Helper pretty useful as I did: Cocos Helper - Add Chartboost, AdMob, Google Play etc easily With Video Tutorials With Free Skype Assistance

Thanks, I didn’t really feel like sifting through all those replies, but I gather Cocos Helper is some kind of tool to help build plugins for cocos2d-x ?

Yep, it’s a very helpful framework, to integrate most of the features required for a game, as the name suggests.

Here is very detailed tutorials about Cocos Helper integration into a project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb3246WCq-s&list=PLRtjMdoYXLf5JspHx7a8yUWGT0ohvPmVX

Thanks

I just committed the initial version of my little framework with basic iOS support.

Before you go too crazy check out Sonar Cocos helper and SDKBox. They should satisfy your needs and allow you to dedicate your time to creating cool GIT commits for the community (we are all excited!).

Can I add my own SDK extensions with SDKBox or is it just for official development?

Right now, it is curated with the plugins we are providing. Perhaps at some point this may change.

Hello

Cocos Helper is open source so you are welcome to add plugins to it, we encourage it. We can talk over Skype when your free about the best way to help the community as the work you have done is great but doesn’t make much sense repeating the same stuff again for you or for us.

Kind regards
Frahaan Hussain - CEO

So I wasted a little time writing a decent wrapper around Game Center, and scrapped it already. I’ve watched a couple of videos and have successfully implemented Game Center and Google Play Game Services via Cocos Helper. Excellent tool btw, I’d love to chat if you guys need any help regarding expanding it.

1 Like

Just sent you a message

Might be nice to have SDKBOX Official and SDKBOX Community. You can still curate official plugins, but at least open the platform for community expansion. I don’t think anybody would lose out on that deal.

Yeah, I can feel that. At this point, we are not ready to take this step.