SDKBOX Installer feedback

Hi Everyone,

If you are using SDKBOX, can you please fill out this survey about the Installer versus manually installing? It would really help us out to get this feedback.

https://docs.google.com/a/us.chukong-inc.com/forms/d/1d8M_Qf1ct3tg0PZiWrXVABcp7a6eV-JXcSwa9Ti-34c/viewform

Tried it. Bugged.
I used to have cascaded source files like this

SRC_FILES:= a.cpp \
            b.cpp \
            c.cpp \

But after installer stuff got changed to:

SRC_FILES := a.cpp  b.cpp  c.cpp

Not acceptable.
Also the installer should check in Application.mk if gnustl_static is used, since SDKBOX does not work with c++_static.

We need a uninstall x plugin function.

I could give a better example for this, as I have tried both manual and installer in different use cases -

• Manual Installation

Manual installation works like a charm, except for some glitches like in mac some extra files need to be added to path or else it is giving some Monolith.py errors.
Fortunately, there was a quick answer in the forum to fix that from Nite or mannewalis may be.

NOTE: this may have been fixed with latest sdkbox_installer, I have updated but as path setting was already done, so never faced any issue again.

Some classes and Virtual methods were not overridden in older like - PluginIAP became IAP and some virtual function were not overridden which was giving errors at CREATE_FUNC().

NOTE: I believe these issues are fixed with the new installer.

• SDKBOX INSTALLER

Where the manual installation works like breeze, using sdkbox auto installer give some problems in some use cases.

When we create a fresh project it changes all the files necessary. So, without any retouch to fix it works just fine. (except .frameworks need to be manually added from ios folder).

But the some problems that I faced is when you integrate IAP or other bundles is I had to write couple of files in Android side manually like some functions in AppActivity.java

NOTE:
when the project is already carried some way and if you import any bundle then some patching is failing.

That’s it from my side. :smile:
I am sure SDKBOX is a great product and will get even better with time.