SDKBOX - AdColony: App crashes after displaying ads on iOs

Hi Team,

After the AdColony ad was displayed on an iOs device, the app crashes with the error below.

UIApplicationMain + 148
34 App-mobile 0x00155fd0 main + 128
35 libdyld.dylib 0x0a07a799 start + 1
)
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
(lldb)

Additional Info:

• My app’s orientation is on portrait but the ads are shown in landscape. I’m not sure if this was triggering the error. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • The app will crash if a video ad was displayed in landscape mode. Static ads are displayed in portrait mode

Updates:

2016-12-01 22:00:29.802 app-mobile[4342:64434] *** Terminating app due to uncaught 
exception 'UIApplicationInvalidInterfaceOrientation', reason: 'Supported orientations has no 
common orientation with the application, and [ADCContainer shouldAutorotate] is returning YES'
*** First throw call stack:

Thanks for your help in advance.

The latest version of adcolony requires you to enable all orientation support.

Hi @nite,

Thanks for your response. Any tricks how to change back to portrait after the ad video is completed?

Thanks in advance for your response.

I just allowed the landscape orientation for now. Issue was resolved with that temporary solution. Thanks.

Hi @nite,

I raised the issue to adColony and they responded with the email below.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Sorry for the delayed response. This crash is a known issue and we are releasing an update next week to our 3.0 iOS SDK, v3.0.6, that will fix this. I can update you when this update is pushed live.

Best,
Chris

Yes, they contacted us as well, we’ll update their SDK once released.

Thanks @nite, please kindly keep us updated so we can also update our projects. Thanks

Hi @nite, just want to share adColony’s support message below.

Hi there,

I just wanted to update you that we just released our 3.0.6 iOS SDK update this afternoon; it can be downloaded from our GitHub at https://github.com/AdColony/AdColony-iOS-SDK-3.

Best,
Chris
Customer Support Advocate