Question for the Cocos Creator Devs

Hey wonderful folks on the Cocos Dev Team! I am super impressed by how far this engine has come in the last 15 months! I work in cocos on an almost daily basis for my Job and you guys are really killing it with speed and quality of it’s development!

Speaking of development… does anybody know or have an idea of when Cocos will be able to support spine versions 4.1 and up? There are some serious quality of life upgrades in the newer spine versions that we could really benefit from.

Also, I’ve been toying around with the animation tool’s “embedded player”… I realize it’s still experimental feature, but it got me thinking… is there a way that we can preview a spine animation in editor without having to manually playtest the game? Particularly in the animation timeline tool? We have some animations that are Cocos animation clips but also trigger spine animations from within… problem is, our animators can’t see the spine animation from within the animation editor, which makes syncing keyframes up with the spine animation a real pain. I know we can make use of frame events in both cocos and spine, but our animators are artists with little to no engineering skill sets… I’d love it if we could provide them a way to make these hybrid cocos + spine animations without creating a bunch of dependencies on other departments/teams.