Problems with spine runtime weightedmesh and shear animation

hi, I am working with Spine 3.2.01 and cocos2d-x 3.8 (seems to be the latest version where spine stuff was added:
[NEW] spine: Supported Spine runtime 2.3 (Both native and web engine)

my problem is that the runtime crash if you try to play an animation with a skinned mesh. Based on comments on spineforums, I added weightedmesh: 3 to Spine.AttachmentType (Spine.js:1290) but then it crashed at 2116: throw new Error(“Invalid timeline type for a bone: " + timelineName + " (” + boneName + “)”);
with timelineName == “shear”. I commented that line and finally the animation runs, but all the bones with shear anims are invisible.

wonder what is the recommended approach. are skinnedmesh and shear animations not recommended right now with cocos in javascript? there are workarounds?
thks!

i dont know about the shear… but for weightedmesh i open up the json file and replace weighted mesh to skinnedmesh and everything works…
note: i have to do this every time i export file from spine

hi @b12345, following your suggestion, I renamed weightedmesh for skinnedmesh in the json, but then I had the “Invalid timeline type for a bone: shear” exception. I tried both to erase all the “shear” animation channels and to convert the throw exception in just a console log. in both cases the character is loaded, but only the parts that are not meshes are visible. (not arms nor legs, in my case)

Hi @cesarpachon , Almost all of my spine animations include meshes. They seem to work perfectly. Are you using skins by any chance?

I am using.
Spine 3.2.01
cocos2d-x 3.9

hi @b12345, no, I am not using skins… just mesh attachments in a single skeleton. intended usage was to avoid artifacts at joints (elbows, knees).
using spine 3.2.01 and cocos2-x (javascript) 3.8. I checked master version of cocos2d-x and the spine javascript files are the same since at least six months ago.
I also tried replacing spine.js by the official runtime of esoteric, but then the other js files start to crash.