please answer fast! => Cocosbuilder 3 and jsb stability?

Hi all,
We are a company that needs to complete a 2D game until next four months ,
most of our game’s art and sound effects are about completion, and we need to start coding and designing levels. 
We need 2D physics and a game engine with an editor that can publish for multiple platforms with different resolutions.
Most of our team’s programmers are using javascript and c# as their primary programing language. 
If we want to start our designing and coding until next three days, is the cocosbuilder 3 and jsb a good choice for us?
will be cocosbuilder 3 and jsb release early days? Is anyone known about the release date? 
If cocosbuilder 3 and jsb is not a good choice at this time, what game engine(that have 2D physics, editor like cocosbuilder and programing language of javascript or C#) you suggest for us?

If I asked in a not related forum, let me know, 
Thank you all

Hi,

I’m not an expert in Cocos2d-x nor affiliated with them, but I’m familiar with Cocos2d-iphone with Cocosbuilder, and I’m porting everything to Cocos2d-x with Cocosbuilder 3 for multi-platform deployment. In Cocos2d-x template projects there are 2, namely Box2D and Chipmuck as a physics engine. I’m not sure if it hooks up directly to the javascript side. From what I understand, you can do all the game logic in javascript, but under the hood Cocos2d-x uses C**, so if there’s something that javascript cannot do maybe perhaps like hooking up a Facebook API, or add Google Game Services, then you’ll still need to dive into the code. I recall in Cocosbuilder roadmap, it will in the future support Chipmuck physics within js controller, but not at the moment, so it still has to be done in C/C** in the code, and I haven’t actually tried the Javascript bindings yet, so more experienced cocos2d-x developers can correct me if I’m wrong, but there are documentations, so perhaps read up on that
https://github.com/cocos2d/CocosBuilder/blob/master/Documentation/4a.20Connecting20with%20Cocos2d%20JS.md

CocosDragon, and CrystalCraze are sample projects on the Cocosbuilder site using cocosbuilder js available for download for reference. http://cocosbuilder.com/?page_id=11

Otherwise, if C++ is not an option, then I would recommend using Unity3D, since it’s fairly easy to use, and free now for web, iOS, and Android deployment, and there’s a 2D plugins, and physics is toggled on/off very easily by adding a rigid body component, and there are tons of resources and plugins available. Unity uses C# or Javascript for the scripts which you can attach to the game objects, and you can easily generate prefabs for your customized game objects so that they can be easily duplicated. I was able to create a side scroller beat’em up game in a 48 hour game jam with my team, and it was my first time using it. http://jam.iamagamer.ca/submissions/58-the-torne-identity

In summary, Cocos2D-x with Cocosbuilder or Unity3D are both great to get the job done, but it really depends on your team.

I hope that helps.