Issue build and run after moving project to a new machine

I’ve copied a Cocos2d-x project to a new machine, but I appear to have some dependencies incorrectly set up - when I build, I get the following error:

cocos2d/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/DictionaryHelper.h:28:10: 'json/document-wrapper.h' file not found

When running ./download-deps.py, it reports that no update is needed.

I’ve successfully built and run another cocos2d-x project on the same machine by using the cocos new command, but the copied project doesn’t see the dependencies. What step have I missed?

I am seeing that my FRAMEWORK_SEARCH_PATHS variable points to a directory that existed on the old machine and is incorrect on the new machine. Is there a proper way to ensure that all of these paths are relative?

Full build output in case it’s useful:

Kevins-Mac-Pro:cocos2d kmack$ ./setup.py

Setting up cocos2d-x...
->Check environment variable COCOS_CONSOLE_ROOT
  ->Search for environment variable COCOS_CONSOLE_ROOT...
    ->COCOS_CONSOLE_ROOT is found : /Users/kmack/Documents/Development/cocos2d-x-3.16/tools/cocos2d-console/bin

->Update variable COCOS_CONSOLE_ROOT in files ['.bash_profile', '.bash_login', '.profile']
    ->File /Users/kmack/.bash_profile updated!
->Check environment variable COCOS_X_ROOT
  ->Search for environment variable COCOS_X_ROOT...
    ->COCOS_X_ROOT is found : /Users/kmack/Documents/Development

->Update variable COCOS_X_ROOT in files ['.bash_profile', '.bash_login', '.profile']
->Check environment variable COCOS_TEMPLATES_ROOT
  ->Search for environment variable COCOS_TEMPLATES_ROOT...
    ->COCOS_TEMPLATES_ROOT is found : /Users/kmack/Documents/Development/cocos2d-x-3.16/templates

->Update variable COCOS_TEMPLATES_ROOT in files ['.bash_profile', '.bash_login', '.profile']
->Configuration for Android platform only, you can also skip and manually edit "/Users/kmack/.bash_profile"

->Check environment variable NDK_ROOT
  ->Search for environment variable NDK_ROOT...
    ->NDK_ROOT not found

->Search for command ndk-build in system...
    ->Command ndk-build not found

->Please enter the path of NDK_ROOT (or press Enter to skip):
->Check environment variable ANDROID_SDK_ROOT
  ->Search for environment variable ANDROID_SDK_ROOT...
    ->ANDROID_SDK_ROOT not found

->Search for command android in system...
    ->Command android not found

->Please enter the path of ANDROID_SDK_ROOT (or press Enter to skip):
->Check environment variable ANT_ROOT
  ->Search for environment variable ANT_ROOT...
    ->ANT_ROOT not found

->Search for command ant in system...
    ->Command ant not found

->Please enter the path of ANT_ROOT (or press Enter to skip):

Please execute command: "source /Users/kmack/.bash_profile" to make added system variables take effect

Kevins-Mac-Pro:cocos2d kmack$ source /Users/kmack/.bash_profile 
Kevins-Mac-Pro:cocos2d kmack$ cocos
Python 2.7.10

/Users/kmack/Documents/Development/cocos2d-x-3.16/tools/cocos2d-console/bin/cocos.py 2.3 - cocos console: A command line tool for Cocos2d-x.

Available commands:
	run              Compiles, deploy and run project on the target.
	gen-libs         Generate prebuilt libs of engine. The libs will be placed in 'prebuilt' folder of the engine root path.
	luacompile       Encrypt and/or compile lua files.
	deploy           Compile and deploy a project to a device/simulator.
	package          Manage package for cocos.
	compile          Compile projects to binary.
	gen-simulator    Generate Cocos Simulator.
	new              Creates a new project.
	jscompile        Compile and/or compress js files.

Available arguments:
	-h, --help			Show this help information.
	-v, --version			Show the version of this command tool.
	--ol ['en', 'zh', 'zh_tr']	Specify the language of output messages.
	--agreement ['y', 'n']		Skip the agreement with specified value.

Example:
	cocos new --help
	cocos run --help
Kevins-Mac-Pro:cocos2d kmack$ ls
AUTHORS			cmake			licenses
CHANGELOG		cocos			setup.py
CMakeLists.txt		docs			templates
CONTRIBUTING.md		download-deps.py	tests
README.cmake		extensions		tools
README.md		external
build			issue_template.md
Kevins-Mac-Pro:cocos2d kmack$ ./download-deps.py 
=======================================================
==> Prepare to download external libraries!
==> Not need to update!
Kevins-Mac-Pro:cocos2d kmack$ cocos run -s ~/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame -p ios
Python 2.7.10
Building mode: debug
Building...
running: 'xcodebuild -project /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/proj.ios_mac/MySpiffyGame.xcodeproj -configuration Debug -target "MySpiffyGame-mobile" -arch i386 -sdk iphonesimulator CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR="/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/bin/debug/ios" VALID_ARCHS="i386"'

Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = i386
    CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/bin/debug/ios
    SDKROOT = iphonesimulator11.2
    VALID_ARCHS = i386

=== BUILD TARGET libcocos2d iOS OF PROJECT cocos2d_libs WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===

Check dependencies

Write auxiliary files
write-file /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/libcocos2d\ iOS-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/cocos2d-prefix-fagjuynvzdkzqcbqqlgadajlnmtu
write-file /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/cocos2d-prefix-fagjuynvzdkzqcbqqlgadajlnmtu/cocos2d-prefix.pch.pch.hash-criteria
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/cocos2d-prefix-cqdpqrcupksatpcywycbdwlhbmtg
write-file /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/cocos2d-prefix-cqdpqrcupksatpcywycbdwlhbmtg/cocos2d-prefix.pch.pch.hash-criteria
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/cocos2d-prefix-ayaqcyoqxgclwdeaopqfyxfzteka
write-file /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/cocos2d-prefix-ayaqcyoqxgclwdeaopqfyxfzteka/cocos2d-prefix.pch.pch.hash-criteria
write-file /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/libcocos2d\ iOS-own-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/libcocos2d\ iOS-generated-files.hmap
write-file /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/libcocos2d\ iOS.hmap
write-file /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/libcocos2d\ iOS-project-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/libcocos2d\ iOS-all-target-headers.hmap
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/i386
write-file /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/libcocos2d\ iOS.LinkFileList
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/cocos2d-prefix-brodvpsbdyhyuaewielrcpelkbzb
write-file /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/cocos2d-prefix-brodvpsbdyhyuaewielrcpelkbzb/cocos2d-prefix.pch.pch.hash-criteria

ProcessPCH++ build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders...
<omitted for clarity>

CompileC build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/TabControlReader.o /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/TabControlReader/TabControlReader.cpp normal i386 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
    cd /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build
    export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/templates:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/tools/cocos2d-console/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/templates:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/tools/cocos2d-console/bin:/Users/kmack/Documents/Development/cocos2d-x-3.16/templates:/Users/kmack/Documents/Development:/Users/kmack/Documents/Development/cocos2d-x-3.16/tools/cocos2d-console/bin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=80 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -fcolor-diagnostics -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -fno-common -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Wunreachable-code -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-exit-time-destructors -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wuninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wshadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wno-float-conversion -Wnon-literal-null-conversion -Wobjc-literal-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-c++11-extensions -DCOCOS2D_DEBUG=1 -DUSE_FILE32API -DCC_ENABLE_CHIPMUNK_INTEGRATION=1 -DCC_TARGET_OS_IPHONE -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator11.2.sdk -fasm-blocks -fstrict-aliasing -Wdeprecated-declarations -Winvalid-offsetof -mios-simulator-version-min=8.0 -g -Wno-sign-conversion -Winfinite-recursion -Wmove -Wcomma -Wblock-capture-autoreleasing -Wstrict-prototypes -Wrange-loop-analysis -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/libcocos2d\ iOS.hmap -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/.. -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../cocos -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../cocos/editor-support -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/chipmunk/include -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../extensions -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/poly2tri -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/poly2tri/common -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/poly2tri/sweep -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/bullet/include -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/bullet/include/bullet -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/freetype2/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/curl/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/webp/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/tiff/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/jpeg/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/png/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/websockets/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/freetype2/include/ios/freetype2 -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/openssl/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/bullet/include/bullet -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/bullet/include -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/bin/debug/ios/include -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/DerivedSources/i386 -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/bin/debug/ios -include /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/cocos2d-prefix-ayaqcyoqxgclwdeaopqfyxfzteka/cocos2d-prefix.pch -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/TabControlReader.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/TabControlReader.dia -c /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/TabControlReader/TabControlReader.cpp -o /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/TabControlReader.o
In file included from /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/TabControlReader/TabControlReader.cpp:28:
In file included from /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/WidgetReader.h:28:
In file included from /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/WidgetReaderProtocol.h:29:
/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/DictionaryHelper.h:28:10: fatal error: 
      'json/document-wrapper.h' file not found
#include "json/document-wrapper.h"
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.

<omitted for clarity>

CompileC build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/ButtonReader.o /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/ButtonReader/ButtonReader.cpp normal i386 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
    cd /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build
    export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/templates:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/tools/cocos2d-console/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/templates:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame:/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/tools/cocos2d-console/bin:/Users/kmack/Documents/Development/cocos2d-x-3.16/templates:/Users/kmack/Documents/Development:/Users/kmack/Documents/Development/cocos2d-x-3.16/tools/cocos2d-console/bin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=80 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -fcolor-diagnostics -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -fno-common -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Wunreachable-code -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-exit-time-destructors -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wuninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wshadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wno-float-conversion -Wnon-literal-null-conversion -Wobjc-literal-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-c++11-extensions -DCOCOS2D_DEBUG=1 -DUSE_FILE32API -DCC_ENABLE_CHIPMUNK_INTEGRATION=1 -DCC_TARGET_OS_IPHONE -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator11.2.sdk -fasm-blocks -fstrict-aliasing -Wdeprecated-declarations -Winvalid-offsetof -mios-simulator-version-min=8.0 -g -Wno-sign-conversion -Winfinite-recursion -Wmove -Wcomma -Wblock-capture-autoreleasing -Wstrict-prototypes -Wrange-loop-analysis -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/libcocos2d\ iOS.hmap -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/.. -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../cocos -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../cocos/editor-support -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/chipmunk/include -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../extensions -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/poly2tri -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/poly2tri/common -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/poly2tri/sweep -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/bullet/include -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/bullet/include/bullet -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/freetype2/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/curl/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/webp/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/tiff/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/jpeg/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/png/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/websockets/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/freetype2/include/ios/freetype2 -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/openssl/include/ios -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/bullet/include/bullet -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../external/bullet/include -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/bin/debug/ios/include -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/DerivedSources/i386 -I/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/bin/debug/ios -include /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/cocos2d-prefix-ayaqcyoqxgclwdeaopqfyxfzteka/cocos2d-prefix.pch -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/ButtonReader.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/ButtonReader.dia -c /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/ButtonReader/ButtonReader.cpp -o /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/ButtonReader.o
In file included from /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/ButtonReader/ButtonReader.cpp:3:
In file included from /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/ButtonReader/ButtonReader.h:28:
In file included from /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/WidgetReader.h:28:
In file included from /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/WidgetReaderProtocol.h:29:
/Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/build/../cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/DictionaryHelper.h:28:10: fatal error: 
      'json/document-wrapper.h' file not found
#include "json/document-wrapper.h"
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CompileC build/cocos2d_libs.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/libcocos2d\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/TabControlReader.o /Users/kmack/Documents/GitHub/MySpiffyGame/cocos2d/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/WidgetReader/TabControlReader/TabControlReader.cpp normal i386 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
Error running command, return code: 65.
Build failed: Take a look at the output above for details.

How did you get Cocos2d-x? .zip from our website or did you clone our GitHub repo?