[IAB] The SOOMLA Project needs you

Hello Ming,

I tryed to bind native soomla api calls to javascript, but unfortunatelly this doesn’t work for me, I need some server code that soomla doesn’t offer me, so I begin working on my own server.

What server code do you need?
How does it related to ‘using SOOMLA with JS’ ?

Jose Antonio Andujar wrote:

Hello Ming,
>
I tryed to bind native soomla api calls to javascript, but unfortunatelly this doesn’t work for me, I need some server code that soomla doesn’t offer me, so I begin working on my own server.

It’s nothing related to the soomla project. I’m implementing my own user validation services with IAP & coins shared across devices, this is why I can’t use the soomla project.

I think the best choice for soomla is developing the online version and have the same api call with iOS/Android native version using JavaScript.Then Soomla can offer the service for online version to developers, so developers won’t do their own implementation, then the same codebase for IAP on app store/google play/facebook store. Life will be more happiness :slight_smile:

Can you elaborate on “validation services with IAP & coins shared across devices” ?

We’re working on some new server side solutions and we want to get users’ feedback on what they might need there.

It’s nothing related to the soomla project. I’m implementing my own user validation services with IAP & coins shared across devices, this is why I can’t use the soomla project.

“online version” ? Do you mean “Server Side Solutions”?

If yes… it’s related to my previous comment. What do you think should be in the server side solutions?

ming hao wrote:

I think the best choice for soomla is developing the online version and have the same api call with iOS/Android native version using JavaScript.Then Soomla can offer the service for online version to developers, so developers won’t do their own implementation, then the same codebase for IAP on app store/google play/facebook store. Life will be more happiness :slight_smile:

I’m making a game with cocos2d-html5 (Facebook + web) with js-bindings for native (iOS & android & amazon).
I want a user to buy “content” of the game and get it on all the platforms. (only paying on one platform), that’s why I need user validation with IAP shared across multiple devices.

refael dakar wrote:

Can you elaborate on “validation services with IAP & coins shared across devices” ?
>
We’re working on some new server side solutions and we want to get users’ feedback on what they might need there.
>
> It’s nothing related to the soomla project. I’m implementing my own user validation services with IAP & coins shared across devices, this is why I can’t use the soomla project.

Ok. So you’re validating your users in order to supply them with game-related content (We’re working on a similar solutions ourselves :)).

I wonder if you could create just the JS bindings and then use cocos2dx-store without the server side (which you’re already doing yourself) ? That way you could use the SDK for android/ios and create just a facebook hook on your own. It’ll save you a ton of work.

I’m making a game with cocos2d-html5 (Facebook + web) with js-bindings for native (iOS & android & amazon).
I want a user to buy “content” of the game and get it on all the platforms. (only paying on one platform), that’s why I need user validation with IAP shared across multiple devices.
>
refael dakar wrote:
> Can you elaborate on “validation services with IAP & coins shared across devices” ?
>
> We’re working on some new server side solutions and we want to get users’ feedback on what they might need there.
>
> Jose Antonio Andujar wrote:
> > It’s nothing related to the soomla project. I’m implementing my own user validation services with IAP & coins shared across devices, this is why I can’t use the soomla project.

Yes! For your first release, I think keep the same codebase using javascript for native and web is OK. And when can we get the first version of your new server side solutions?
refael dakar wrote:

“online version” ? Do you mean “Server Side Solutions”?
>
If yes… it’s related to my previous comment. What do you think should be in the server side solutions?
>
ming hao wrote:
> I think the best choice for soomla is developing the online version and have the same api call with iOS/Android native version using JavaScript.Then Soomla can offer the service for online version to developers, so developers won’t do their own implementation, then the same codebase for IAP on app store/google play/facebook store. Life will be more happiness :slight_smile:

Server side solutions will be out in a couple of months. For now, you can create a storefront and use the SOOMLA Highway through http://dashboard.soom.la

For now, out planned server side solutions will contain just a few features like: SSV, balance sync, economy metadata sync, events …
If you guys need more features on the server please let us know and we’ll add it to our task list.

ming hao wrote:

Yes! For your first release, I think keep the same codebase using javascript for native and web is OK. And when can we get the first version of your new server side solutions?
refael dakar wrote:
> “online version” ? Do you mean “Server Side Solutions”?
>
> If yes… it’s related to my previous comment. What do you think should be in the server side solutions?
>
> ming hao wrote:
> > I think the best choice for soomla is developing the online version and have the same api call with iOS/Android native version using JavaScript.Then Soomla can offer the service for online version to developers, so developers won’t do their own implementation, then the same codebase for IAP on app store/google play/facebook store. Life will be more happiness :slight_smile:

Soomla created solution for JS-bindings in cocos2d-x.
You can find details here: http://blog.soom.la/2014/02/cocos2dx-js-is-here.html and the code here: https://github.com/soomla/cocos2dx-store